Your team for next season

Your team for next season

June 10th, 2012, 4:43 am #1

I heard some rumblings that Nicholls didnt sign with TO and may be back for the 2013 season. Obviously that is big news.

Nicholls Walker Stransky
new 20 Sutter McColgan
Zajac Benson Stovin
Revel McEvoy Graham - Hickmott

Siemens Thrower
Dietz Pufahl
Stipancik Schmidt

Makarov - Moodie( 9-3 last yr. May be traded in a package deal for another star, could see Todd returning)

That new 20 spot is key. If Lorne can find another gem like Paradis or Burns, then the Blades could have a pretty decent team. Perhaps he grabs another 20yr old dman, then packages moodie for a talented forward on that 2nd line.

June 10th, 2012, 4:46 am #2

Put Astles on that 2nd line. Maybe Lorne will try to get some Kelowna Chemestry with those 2.

June 10th, 2012, 1:33 pm #3

I heard some rumblings that Nicholls didnt sign with TO and may be back for the 2013 season. Obviously that is big news.

Nicholls Walker Stransky
new 20 Sutter McColgan
Zajac Benson Stovin

Siemens Thrower
Dietz Pufahl
Stipancik Schmidt

Makarov - Moodie( 9-3 last yr. May be traded in a package deal for another star, could see Todd returning)

That new 20 spot is key. If Lorne can find another gem like Paradis or Burns, then the Blades could have a pretty decent team. Perhaps he grabs another 20yr old dman, then packages moodie for a talented forward on that 2nd line.

You know that if there is a strike that the value of your backup goaltender that nobody knows about will drop from next to nothing to less than nothing if there's a strike and nearly every 20 year old tender returns to the whl right?

-----------

"Now you wear your skin like iron
Your breath's as hard as kerosene"

June 10th, 2012, 3:29 pm #4

Though Moodie will only be 17 this year. I really wish he had a chance to showcase himself this year. Perhaps Lorne will give him a decent amount of playing time to start the season/show him off/try to not burn out Makarov.

June 10th, 2012, 4:02 pm #5

Nicholls Walker Stransky
new 20 Sutter McColgan
Zajac Benson Stovin

Siemens Thrower
Dietz Pufahl
Stipancik Schmidt

They just reenter the NHL draft on June 22, 2012 with the other four or five unsigned WHLers. Those three will be drafted again and should be signed almost right away as good players to avoid them being lost. Whether their new teams will send them back to junior will depend on the NHL CBA and how their AHL teams will be stocked up.

June 10th, 2012, 4:37 pm #6

Nicholls Walker Stransky
new 20 Sutter McColgan
Zajac Benson Stovin

Siemens Thrower
Dietz Pufahl
Stipancik Schmidt

Although I'm sure a Blades' thread in June about what the team will look like next winter is what EVERYONE on here was dying for-- (don't pretend to disguise it by asking about "your team" to others)...

If you think the Blades will look ANYTHING like that roster you've posted, you're even dimmer than you've proven time after time.

Remember that you read it here that a full 8 of those names will not be on the Blades' roster at X-Mas...

If the Blades were to simply add a "gem like Paradis or Burns" and make your other small changes--- they would be a solid 3rd place team, 2nd round bust, and 0-3 at the MemCup. A decent team. But, a collossal failure when put into perspective.

Lorne will totally destroy this roster and list for one kick at the can. Book it.

(I feel soooooooo dirty for actually posting/replying on this.)

June 10th, 2012, 10:49 pm #7

Though Moodie will only be 17 this year. I really wish he had a chance to showcase himself this year. Perhaps Lorne will give him a decent amount of playing time to start the season/show him off/try to not burn out Makarov.

will be well rested as he'll have a month off going into the memorial cup.

Markarov saw alot of ice because lorne/the blades were fighting for playoff positioning. This year Lorne can afford to rest him to prevent injury.

I wish the tigers had played someone other than bunz a bit more often too. If there's no strike and bunz doesn't return I think the tigers will struggle, alot. Me thinks it will be worse than when keetley left.

I think the tigers will be alright if there's a strike, if there's not they might miss the playoffs. We'll see, I know they'll probably be better than PG, Swift and bridge. I suspect they'll be bouncing around the 7th, 8th and 9th spot all season.

-----------

June 10th, 2012, 11:10 pm #8

Although I'm sure a Blades' thread in June about what the team will look like next winter is what EVERYONE on here was dying for-- (don't pretend to disguise it by asking about "your team" to others)...

If you think the Blades will look ANYTHING like that roster you've posted, you're even dimmer than you've proven time after time.

Remember that you read it here that a full 8 of those names will not be on the Blades' roster at X-Mas...

If the Blades were to simply add a "gem like Paradis or Burns" and make your other small changes--- they would be a solid 3rd place team, 2nd round bust, and 0-3 at the MemCup. A decent team. But, a collossal failure when put into perspective.

Lorne will totally destroy this roster and list for one kick at the can. Book it.

(I feel soooooooo dirty for actually posting/replying on this.)
Making predictions this time of year is like playing pin the tail on the donkey. This year it's worse. We can all drool over the players that will return should there be a strike. But it's not just your team that will get better, it's a whole bunch of teams that will improve.

Some lock out scenarios:

Medicine Hat: Returns etem and bunz. You'd think that alone would put them within striking distance of first in the central but...

Red Deer: Return Petro and RNH. You could put me and pepper carrot on a line with RNH and it would still be one of the better lines in the CHL, even though I'm a fatty who can't skate backwards, Hopkins would just feed the carrot and he'd bury pucks with his 'harder than most WHL players wrist shot'. With RNH and Petro the rebels would probably have one of the deadliest lines in the CHL (no matter who else plays with hopkins) and one of the best d-cores in the league bar none. With Petro and RNH I think they could threaten to spoil the party in saskatoon, providing they made a deal for a tender at the deadline.

To me toon looks like an 85 odd point club, figure about 90ish after lorne finishes horse trading. But in my mind if there's a strike that might not even be good enough for 4th place in the east.

The market will get crazy at the deadline, I think you can bank on that. What happened the last time saskatoon was a contender and lorne went shopping? It was no coincidence that the market went stupid. The sellers are all going to know that lorne is out shopping. There are two spots for WHL teams up for grabs this year. If you're a GM of a contending club out west next year you have to take the approach that a trip to the finals is potentially good enough to land a spot in the memorial cup. Will it be? We all know it won't be but I think that mindset will still be there. With a market like that, the sellers are going to want the moon and there will be alot of buyers driving up the price.

I think Red Deer and Medicine Hat off the top of my head have a ton to potentially gain if there's a strike. Conversely clubs returning alot of younger talent like PG, well their season will get harder as they'll have to face even tougher opponents and more older players every night.

-----------

June 11th, 2012, 1:12 am #9

He's played a full year in the show and is way to valuable to the Oilers to let go to the WHL and get hurt. He will not develop any more playing against players way less talented than he is and he's not going to want to take that step down either. He might play in Europe or the AHL but if he comes back to Red Deer I would be shocked.

June 11th, 2012, 1:59 am #10

Is Petrovic. No way the Panthers send back one of their top prospects. They'll find a spot for him in the AHL.

And contrary to Hoopleheads suggestion that the Rebels might trade for a goaltender, Patrik Bartosak should have a fairly good season.