With the Warriors having some talented D men ,I would like ...

With the Warriors having some talented D men ,I would like ...

September 5th, 2011, 3:06 pm #1

to see a trade made with Seattle for Calvin Pickard. Stone isn't the answer! Paulic would be a great backup and learn a tonne from Pickard and be able to play 20 or so games this year.

September 5th, 2011, 3:31 pm #2

Be prepared to atleast give up McLrath and a top 6 forward for him good luck !

September 5th, 2011, 3:42 pm #3

don't think they will give up #8 possibly some up coming talent since they are still in rebuilding process, Brown could be a possiblity, and a couple of forwards to help Nobels and Jacobs.. Seattle needs to look to 12/13, 13/14 they are not doing anything this year, so Mac won't give them anything towards rebuilding

September 5th, 2011, 4:06 pm #4

For Reilly??

In all seriousness the package would be on par to the deadline deals of last year, if not more when done in the beginning of the season.

September 5th, 2011, 4:19 pm #5

possibly an Ehrhardt but I think that the Warriors plan on building for their D the next 3 years around Reilly, interesting discussion, I agree that it could be a big one...if they want Picks, for sure they will have to give players that will make a difference in 2 years not now...but of course that is just how I see the TBirds rebuilding

September 5th, 2011, 4:45 pm #6

Well, after what I saw over the weekend in two games in Everett, I'd entertain the idea of trading Pickard because this Seattle team is mediocre at best. Problem is, they've used top draft picks in the last two years (one #1; Jared Hauf, two #2s; Taylor Green and Austin Douglas and a #3; Shea Theodore) on d-men. We should have two decent young goalies for the future in Cotton and Myles. What they actually will need are top end forwards in a couple of seasons, not defensemen. Do you have any 17 and 16 yr old forwards who can score? In a couple of years all we'll have is Gropp, our #1 pick from this year...although he didn't even make it to main camp this year, which is a concern.

September 5th, 2011, 4:55 pm #7

i beleive that they may be willing to give up Morse(95), Hanson (95), they do have quiet a number of young forwards 94 and 95 that would be good in the next couple of years...for now an Eberle (94) or White (95) might be an option as well

September 5th, 2011, 7:56 pm #8

Well, after what I saw over the weekend in two games in Everett, I'd entertain the idea of trading Pickard because this Seattle team is mediocre at best. Problem is, they've used top draft picks in the last two years (one #1; Jared Hauf, two #2s; Taylor Green and Austin Douglas and a #3; Shea Theodore) on d-men. We should have two decent young goalies for the future in Cotton and Myles. What they actually will need are top end forwards in a couple of seasons, not defensemen. Do you have any 17 and 16 yr old forwards who can score? In a couple of years all we'll have is Gropp, our #1 pick from this year...although he didn't even make it to main camp this year, which is a concern.
Point would then be a starting point imo

September 5th, 2011, 9:34 pm #9

to see a trade made with Seattle for Calvin Pickard. Stone isn't the answer! Paulic would be a great backup and learn a tonne from Pickard and be able to play 20 or so games this year.
price is simply too high and the prospects we have, I can't see them parting with them at this point in time.

they have a solid foundation for the future and I don't think this is what is going to happen.

September 5th, 2011, 10:42 pm #10

Vet what is your thoughts on a goalie