Warriors 4 - Blades 2

Warriors 4 - Blades 2

December 17th, 2011, 4:12 am #1

For the first time in a long time i was extremely pleased with the Blades effort. They played hard and really deserved a better fate. They outplayed the Warriors for the better part of the game and had more scoring chances. Its painfully obviously what the TSN turning point was... Matej Stransky scores for the Blades to make it 3-1, but somehow (beyond me) Zalaski figures that the goal would be dissallowed and Sutter should get a goaltending interference call. After the goal is waved off, 3,000+ fans boo the official. When the replay is shown, they boo even louder. Sutter is absolutely beside himself in the penalty box. As the replay is shown, Sutter gets crosschecked twice from behind into Siemens(Mj goalie) He gets up while on his knees then gets a glove/stick(?) to the face, then gets a penalty. I would tell you what Sutter had to say to the ref but i dont want to be banned from here. Les Lazaruk explained it as a "phantom goalie int call" on the post game show. The game was televised so hopefully some of you saw it. While Sutter is in the box, MJ scores on the PP making it 2-2 instead of 3-1 Blades. Blades were deflated after that and couldnt get it going.

Credit to MJ for capatalizing on the refs error. To add salt to the would they would add an insurance marker to ensure a 4-2 victory. They played hard and it payed off. This was a very close and even game, its just a shame that the TSN turning point was out of the players hands.

*** 3 stars ***
1 - Derek Zalaski - Blown call gave MJ the push they needed)
2 - Luke Siemens - Made a huge stop on Trask late in the game to keep his team up by 1.
3 - Matej Stransky - scored twice(only 1 counted) and was an offensive threat all night.

Duck and cover.

December 17th, 2011, 5:00 am #2

"Blades were deflated after that and couldnt get it going." PC

December 17th, 2011, 5:05 am #3

it was a huge blow, its tough to come back from but the Warriors capatalized while the Blades were down.

December 17th, 2011, 5:17 am #4

For the first time in a long time i was extremely pleased with the Blades effort. They played hard and really deserved a better fate. They outplayed the Warriors for the better part of the game and had more scoring chances. Its painfully obviously what the TSN turning point was... Matej Stransky scores for the Blades to make it 3-1, but somehow (beyond me) Zalaski figures that the goal would be dissallowed and Sutter should get a goaltending interference call. After the goal is waved off, 3,000+ fans boo the official. When the replay is shown, they boo even louder. Sutter is absolutely beside himself in the penalty box. As the replay is shown, Sutter gets crosschecked twice from behind into Siemens(Mj goalie) He gets up while on his knees then gets a glove/stick(?) to the face, then gets a penalty. I would tell you what Sutter had to say to the ref but i dont want to be banned from here. Les Lazaruk explained it as a "phantom goalie int call" on the post game show. The game was televised so hopefully some of you saw it. While Sutter is in the box, MJ scores on the PP making it 2-2 instead of 3-1 Blades. Blades were deflated after that and couldnt get it going.

Credit to MJ for capatalizing on the refs error. To add salt to the would they would add an insurance marker to ensure a 4-2 victory. They played hard and it payed off. This was a very close and even game, its just a shame that the TSN turning point was out of the players hands.

*** 3 stars ***
2 - Luke Siemens - Made a huge stop on Trask late in the game to keep his team up by 1.
3 - Matej Stransky - scored twice(only 1 counted) and was an offensive threat all night.

Duck and cover.

Yes the Sutter call was a bad one. But the refs had given the blades plenty of chances on the PP, wasn't there at least one 5 on 3? And only the McIlrath CFB was blatantly a penalty the others were fairly boarderline. And even though McIlrath's CFB was a blatant penalty the blade who got hit still embellished it, lying on the ice until he knew the ref saw it. And up until the second period the refs let the blades get away with at least 3 interference calls, MJ didn't get a PP until the second. Zalaski let a whole bunch of typical blades BS slide.

On the ice, Karma is very, very real. That's probably the reason the blades have never, ever won anything, and it was the reason they didn't win tonight. I counted at least 3 possible interference non calls that zebras ignored, not to mention all of the typical 'I'm a big tough blade yapping my mouth off' when there's a linesmen around crappola.

Maybe if the blades had got one past seimens on one of those 5 on 3's the bad sutter call wouldn't have factored.

-----------

"Now you wear your skin like iron
Your breath's as hard as kerosene"

December 17th, 2011, 5:23 am #5

i actually said that in my earlier post. You are right, the Blades did get their fair share of power play chances. Some of the calls were borderline with the CFB being the one you exempted. Did you see the Slash from Ehrhardt on Strnasky? LOL, Erhardt has his stick caught between his own man and his bench, he pulled at it not looking at who was grabbing his stick(his own guy) When he finally got his stick, he turned around and saw Stransky, so he gave him a stiff slash and got called. Lol imo that one was well deserved to, Erhardt argued the call even though it was his own man doing it.

Anyways the Blades were 1-6 on the PP. Not bad. But it is really tough and frustrating when a goal is disallowed that shouldnt of been. HOWEVER, the Blades first goal was an iffy one too, even after the replay i still cant tell if the puck went off of Paradis hand and into the net, maybe they gave a better view on shaw???

December 17th, 2011, 6:20 am #6

*** 3 stars ***

Duck and cover.

I will give you the goal.

MJ 4... Blades 3.

Good?

Does that help you sleep? Hope so.

(Although... Really. Sutter has a reputation as a clown and took the opportunity to jump on a goalie. So, I-- and THE REST OF THE WORLD-- will stick with the 4-2 score. But you can mark it in your diary as a 4-3 game. You're welcome.)

Other than that... I think you should be thrilled at all PP action the Blades had. Exciting. The marginal calls that the Blades couldn't take advantage of. Too bad.

Maybe they were missing too many star players????

MJ wasn't. Howden, Beach, Kirsh, and Rielly would hardly help.

Take a break PC.

Your team lost. I think the WHL has posted the score as official.

THE REAL 3 STARS...

1) Hansen
2) Fioretti
3) Stransky

Honourable mention goes to Sutter for just being such a champion. So respected by his peers.

December 17th, 2011, 6:32 am #7

it was not the waved off goal but it was the fact that their leaky communist between the pipes had let in a couple of softies and the blades were having trouble solving seimens.

IMHO the sutter call was boarderline, but yeah it was as much a reputation call as anything. The amount of d-bag behviour from the blades is typically off the charts, and sutter is among the worst offenders on that club.

-----------

December 17th, 2011, 1:28 pm #8

I will give you the goal.

MJ 4... Blades 3.

Good?

Does that help you sleep? Hope so.

(Although... Really. Sutter has a reputation as a clown and took the opportunity to jump on a goalie. So, I-- and THE REST OF THE WORLD-- will stick with the 4-2 score. But you can mark it in your diary as a 4-3 game. You're welcome.)

Other than that... I think you should be thrilled at all PP action the Blades had. Exciting. The marginal calls that the Blades couldn't take advantage of. Too bad.

Maybe they were missing too many star players????

MJ wasn't. Howden, Beach, Kirsh, and Rielly would hardly help.

Take a break PC.

Your team lost. I think the WHL has posted the score as official.

THE REAL 3 STARS...

1) Hansen
2) Fioretti
3) Stransky

Honourable mention goes to Sutter for just being such a champion. So respected by his peers.
Your new score would be 3-3(at best) Not only would you allow the Blades goal, but youd have to disallow the Warriors goal scored on Sutters penalty. Not to mention claw back from a 3-1 lead with all the momentum against you. You cant argue that wasnt a game changer.

December 17th, 2011, 5:01 pm #9

Sounds about right? I'm giving you the official go ahead to mark it down. You can relax now.

And, while you're at it, change all those pesky L's in the Blades record to W's. 34-0 looks much better. There you go! That wasn't so hard at all!

The rest of the real world will stick with 4-2 MJ.

December 17th, 2011, 5:30 pm #10

i actually said that in my earlier post. You are right, the Blades did get their fair share of power play chances. Some of the calls were borderline with the CFB being the one you exempted. Did you see the Slash from Ehrhardt on Strnasky? LOL, Erhardt has his stick caught between his own man and his bench, he pulled at it not looking at who was grabbing his stick(his own guy) When he finally got his stick, he turned around and saw Stransky, so he gave him a stiff slash and got called. Lol imo that one was well deserved to, Erhardt argued the call even though it was his own man doing it.

Anyways the Blades were 1-6 on the PP. Not bad. But it is really tough and frustrating when a goal is disallowed that shouldnt of been. HOWEVER, the Blades first goal was an iffy one too, even after the replay i still cant tell if the puck went off of Paradis hand and into the net, maybe they gave a better view on shaw???

What game do you watch? They have video reply in 'toon don't they? He clearly made an effort to keep his hands away from the puck, and the reply shows the puck hitting his leg and then going into the net.

-----------