State of this Message Board

State of this Message Board

November 18th, 2011, 5:27 pm #1

As a long time reader (4-5 years) I have to say that the state of this board and many of the writers that attempt to post here has gone downhill so much so that I find myself never reading posts because to be quite honest there is very little to do with the WHL or hockey in general. Most of the posts are attacks by posters who either have nothing to do in there day, are to scared to venture into the public or quite simply are just looking for a fight. At one time this was a message board you came to to discuss WHL matters and gather valuable insight from all over the league. Its really too bad and it only seems to be getting worse especially with the lack of leadership and forsight by the so called board mods. Today will be the last day I either read or post on this site and if others were smart they would do the same.

I will always love the WHL and what it brings but the crap that is posted on this board on a daily basis is really really quite sad and honestly pathetic.

Comments from others are encouraged but they ultimately wont be read by this poster.

November 18th, 2011, 7:39 pm #2

I read this board about once a week but there are a large number of posters that I don't waste my eyesight reading their post. I skip over a lot of posters comments because I find them quite offensive. I know many have begged the moderators to banish or edit these posters but it hasn't happened.
I agree. I used to love coming and ready about what others thought about my team, their team and the game in general. Now I skim through once in a while but my time reading actual posts has become less and less.
On the hockey side it is extremely disappointing that many wise posters with actual comments and views of the game have disappeared. It has become petty, childish and insulting.
Not sure where it went so wrong but here is hoping that it turns around before all run away.

November 18th, 2011, 9:29 pm #3

As a long time reader (4-5 years) I have to say that the state of this board and many of the writers that attempt to post here has gone downhill so much so that I find myself never reading posts because to be quite honest there is very little to do with the WHL or hockey in general. Most of the posts are attacks by posters who either have nothing to do in there day, are to scared to venture into the public or quite simply are just looking for a fight. At one time this was a message board you came to to discuss WHL matters and gather valuable insight from all over the league. Its really too bad and it only seems to be getting worse especially with the lack of leadership and forsight by the so called board mods. Today will be the last day I either read or post on this site and if others were smart they would do the same.

I will always love the WHL and what it brings but the crap that is posted on this board on a daily basis is really really quite sad and honestly pathetic.

Comments from others are encouraged but they ultimately wont be read by this poster.
I haven't really made a post a few years. i am a blades fan and obviously cannot post anything about the blades on this forum since im sure 40 replys will follow bickering back and forth about something unrelated to my topic.

either way; yup some posters have definitly ruined this board; there are still plenty of great people here with great knowledge to share; but its hard to read it when the board is spammed with the same 5 or 6 people argueing about why the blades are awsome vs suck

hope people can cut the crap and talk hockey

thanks

November 18th, 2011, 11:26 pm #4

Until they get rid of the loonies.....It'll be more of the same crap!

November 19th, 2011, 12:37 am #5

The board moderators need to take their heads out of their asses and just ban the 2 or 3 trouble makers on here and pay attention to the site a little more and delete all non-hockey related posts.

November 19th, 2011, 1:11 am #6

I will continue to post. If the true hockey posters all leave this will become the old grey board in no time.
I'm still holding out hope that the mods will take out the trash.
It's obvious that this has been the worse year for this crap by far.

November 19th, 2011, 4:50 am #7

The board moderators need to take their heads out of their asses and just ban the 2 or 3 trouble makers on here and pay attention to the site a little more and delete all non-hockey related posts.
As of this post:
Steven 11
Cranky 1
KBF 7
Pirate 3
Hoople Head 5

Non of those posts had anything to do with the WHL.
Might as well add mine as it isn't about the Dub either.

November 19th, 2011, 7:31 am #8

I will continue to post. If the true hockey posters all leave this will become the old grey board in no time.
I'm still holding out hope that the mods will take out the trash.
It's obvious that this has been the worse year for this crap by far.
See the correlation? Just sayin.

November 19th, 2011, 9:20 am #9

this board will alway have people at each others throats, that is just the way the world works..either get used to it or go find a cave and hide in it.........................thats as simple as i can put it, welcome to the planet......................