Shawinigan sucks

Shawinigan sucks

July 23rd, 2012, 7:30 pm #1

July 23rd, 2012, 9:27 pm #2

I'd guess that lets my Chiefs off the hook

July 24th, 2012, 12:07 am #3

It's a Memorial Cup replica, not the real thing.

July 24th, 2012, 2:53 pm #4

They're not the real Memorial Cup champions.

(I keep looking to see when my Redwings get to play the Kings at Joe Louis in a one game "winner takes the Stanley Cup match" this summer, but can't seem to find it...)

July 24th, 2012, 4:28 pm #5

They beat out the 3 league champions to win the Memorial Cup. The Memorial Cup is never a 7 game series. So by your logic, none of the past champions deserve the trophy.

The host team usually loads up as they are given a golden oppertunity no matter what. Now, you can sit there and cry about the host team winning, or you can sit back and enjoy the best junior hockey in the world. I am not a fan of how Shawinigan treated the cup. Regardless whether or not it is a replica, you still need to respect that trophy. But they won the damn thing and thats not gonna change, something YOU, need to get over.

July 24th, 2012, 7:15 pm #6

My logic is simple.

A champion is the last team standing after ALL others have been eliminated from the playoffs.

I'll stick to my own opinions and beliefs. Thanks for your demand that I change them, though.

YOU need to get over the fact that a LOT of people don't respect a host as champion of the CHL.

Anyone with half a brain can see that you're already preparing for the possibility that the Blades will not win the WHL next season (likely WON'T happen) but string together a couple good games in the MemCup and win as hosts (also likely WON'T happen, but could.)

Trust me on this... A Blades' win in the MemCup next season (without a WHL championship) will be the most unpopular MemCup win in the history of the trophy (real or not!) around the league and on this board!

But, like I said... There's really not that much of a chance it'll happen. Blades will likely do "their thing" in the MemCup just like they do in the playoffs year after year... Choke, choke, excuse, excuse, complain, complain, blah, blah....

(BM note: Apologies, deleted by mistake in taking out the trash down thread so I did a cut and paste)
Last edited by Kenric on July 24th, 2012, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 25th, 2012, 4:05 am #7

Were the last team standing after all teams were eliminated from playoffs. Oil Kings lost their playoff to St John, St John lost their playoff to London, London lost their playoff to Shawinigan(or something like that) This has nothing to do with the Blades, ive never really cared about a backdoor team winning. Good teams know when to win, if the backdoor team wins when it counts, i will call them a good team.

July 25th, 2012, 8:24 am #8

My logic is simple.

A champion is the last team standing after ALL others have been eliminated from the playoffs.

I'll stick to my own opinions and beliefs. Thanks for your demand that I change them, though.

YOU need to get over the fact that a LOT of people don't respect a host as champion of the CHL.

Anyone with half a brain can see that you're already preparing for the possibility that the Blades will not win the WHL next season (likely WON'T happen) but string together a couple good games in the MemCup and win as hosts (also likely WON'T happen, but could.)

Trust me on this... A Blades' win in the MemCup next season (without a WHL championship) will be the most unpopular MemCup win in the history of the trophy (real or not!) around the league and on this board!

But, like I said... There's really not that much of a chance it'll happen. Blades will likely do "their thing" in the MemCup just like they do in the playoffs year after year... Choke, choke, excuse, excuse, complain, complain, blah, blah....

(BM note: Apologies, deleted by mistake in taking out the trash down thread so I did a cut and paste)
Well put...

I got no problem respecting a host team winning the cup...UNLESS they didn't earn their way there by winning their league in a 7 game series. Then they're just back door cuppers...Not Memorial cup "Champions" imo either.

But as you said...It's been REAL easy to see why Peppy has taken this stance on it. He's been light years from a cup and now being "handed" a hail mary...you can bet your life savings he's going to try and make the most of it now and take a strong position.

Good stuff to read though..........

July 25th, 2012, 2:38 pm #9

SO ill help you out. Go back and find me a post where i cried about teams being backdoor champions. I never have, because its never bothered me. Good teams will win at the right time.

July 25th, 2012, 3:47 pm #10

You're right about one thing... You've always been wrong on this subject. Congratulations.