Question for all fans: RE Championships

Question for all fans: RE Championships

September 6th, 2012, 12:32 am #1

Say your team is hosting(as the Blades are this year) And you can only pick ONE scenario for your team. Would you rather...

A - Win the Memorial Cup via backdoor berth
B - Win the league Championship but fail to advance to the Memorial Cup finals.

Personally, i would rather have "A" If the Blades win the Memorial Cup but dont fare well in playoffs, whatever. there will be the usuall "backdoor criers" But when it all comes down to it, the Memorial Cup is the ultimate prize!

For me, all i hope for this year is for the Blades to win their final game of the season!

September 6th, 2012, 1:19 am #2

Firstly I would prefer the league championship and Memorial Cup being won. A team has earned the right to get to the Memorial Cup by going through four best of seven series and winning them. It is a two month haul. The Memorial Cup is a bonus (a big one) but it is a tournament where one plays one game against a bunch of other teams. Bigger crapshoot than the bantam draft in the Memorial Cup tournament.

My second choice would be to just win the league. For the above reasons (playing in series and against clubs one plays every season).

Third choice and it isn't really a choice. Just win the Memorial Cup. Finish dead last in the league and don't play any playoff games and get hot for a week and come out with the Memorial Cup and the first overall bantam pick and the league's first Euro pick. Get plenty of rest while the other CHL teams battle themselves down going through the playoffs.

September 6th, 2012, 1:29 am #3

As the back door is the only chance the Blades have with that lineup. Way more satisfying winning the league and the memorial cup.

September 6th, 2012, 2:17 am #4

Say your team is hosting(as the Blades are this year) And you can only pick ONE scenario for your team. Would you rather...

Personally, i would rather have "A" If the Blades win the Memorial Cup but dont fare well in playoffs, whatever. there will be the usuall "backdoor criers" But when it all comes down to it, the Memorial Cup is the ultimate prize!

For me, all i hope for this year is for the Blades to win their final game of the season!

You can win your last game of the season and still not make the playoffs.

September 6th, 2012, 3:03 am #5

Well if the Blades win their last game this season, then they are awarded the Memorial Cup

September 6th, 2012, 4:42 am #6

Their last game could be the third round robin game putting them 0-3 and out of the playoff round.

September 6th, 2012, 2:11 pm #7

that would be like you as a player playing on a line for play-offs and be bumped to in stand by a player how was injured and came back for memorial cup . you would not play but get prize anyway .

September 6th, 2012, 2:45 pm #8

I would think any real fan would like their team to earn it....advancing by way of winning & earning their way there. Thus, only an advancing league champion that wins the Memorial Cup can be called a true champion.

Personally, I think it's an obsurd question that shouldn't even have to be asked.

Back doors are for teams that can't hack going through the front...PERIOD!

September 6th, 2012, 4:50 pm #9

In the round robin a team could and has won its final game and not advanced to even the finals.

The Blades have and never will go to the MC unless its a back door give me.

So how is that union "goverment" job?

September 6th, 2012, 5:22 pm #10

Think about it, lets say the Blades start off 1-2, obviously that means another team will be 1-2. Those teams will play in the tiebreaker, if the Blades win that(then its not their final game) They advance to semis, if the Blades win that(then its not their final game) They advance to the finals, if the Blades win that(their final game) They win the cup.

You will need to think hard on this one.

Any game that could be the Blades final game, they have to win... If they can do that(win their final game) They will recieve the Memorial Cup.

And the job is great. Thanks for asking. I am currently on 5 days off and job got a big raise.