Pats beat MJ

Pats beat MJ

January 22nd, 2012, 6:05 am #1

Still shocked at how over hyped Howden is! Seems like a good kid but Weal is three times the player.

January 22nd, 2012, 5:09 pm #2

dead. They should have called that play, it went off the players on the bench than back on the ice.

Still have to play through it. I was thinking with the 6 PPs that we would be able to get someting going but they didn't bury their chances. It would have been a non issue if we would have been up 4-1. Game over. Next time they will bury those chances.

January 22nd, 2012, 5:28 pm #3

That penalty shot was a tough pill to swallow. Especially after watching the NON-CALL penalty shot FOR Howden in the last MJ/Pats game. Oh well... Like you say. Play through it. Tough breaks.

Or.... Hold a press conference and complain about the officiating... Oh, wait... That's a Regina Pats' thing. (Parker and the lingering stench of Hunt and Rod Plughead Pedersen must be rubbing off on Conacher!)

At the end of the day... It's a road game without McIlrath, Rielly, Fioretti and Seimens-- and they came away with a point and 5 out of 6 for the week. Even with a poor outing. I'll take it.

PS... Where would the Pats be without Weal?!?!? Last place and losing games 3-0, 4-1, 2-0. What about next year... Without Weal AND their top 4 d-men? I'm still not sure what Lang was thinking with his "blockbuster" trade... When he didn't get Sundher, he should have bailed on Marincin (who IS very good-- but is a rental on a rebuilding mediocre team with absolutely NO chance of winning it all.)

January 22nd, 2012, 5:49 pm #4

For me the problems are this , our defense is slow. we missed mcilrath's physical presence, and reilly's game breaking ability. this team although to me is a very good hockey team but they play with a edge and on the fine line. mcilrath being a vet player needs to be catious when making open ice checks, that hit which got him suspended may hurt this club moving forward. i agree gaining 5 our of 6 pts is crucial right now, and yes it makes one wonder where the pats would be without weal(hes a good player and to me i cant quite understand the world junior situation out) as for lang, why wuld he sell? the club is going to make the playoffs and thats huge moving forward wth a bunch of young players who need playoff experience. i have followed this warrior team closely and i like what i see but we are by no means a powerful team. we may have the extra depth to get us over the top in a very close conference. but staying healthy and staying away from suspendsions is key... beach and mcilrath need to tone down a lil and play within the rules of the game and play their parts on this team. beach's play is ging to hurt us in the playoffs , he has hurt us more then once this year already. as for strothers i like what he is doing with seimans and as far as i know there isnt a injury is a giving him a rest and resetting his mind set which is key moving forward, he can steal a game or two for us in the playoffs.

as for the pats they scare me , hard working team and have played us very tight all year , yes theres situations that could have changed the last couple games outcomes, but in the reality of it me personally does not want to play regina in a 7 game series at this moment.. the pressure is on moose jaw's shoulders right now with the trade dealine moves and the succuss they have had and being on top on the division. the pats are the party crashers . moose jaw has the players its time they step up to the next level starting in swift current....

January 22nd, 2012, 6:43 pm #5

Still shocked at how over hyped Howden is! Seems like a good kid but Weal is three times the player.
other than being a little faster, he doesnt seem much further ahead than last year. Certainly wasnt great at the world juniors either, with the exception of a couple nice dives.

January 22nd, 2012, 6:46 pm #6

That penalty shot was a tough pill to swallow. Especially after watching the NON-CALL penalty shot FOR Howden in the last MJ/Pats game. Oh well... Like you say. Play through it. Tough breaks.

Or.... Hold a press conference and complain about the officiating... Oh, wait... That's a Regina Pats' thing. (Parker and the lingering stench of Hunt and Rod Plughead Pedersen must be rubbing off on Conacher!)

At the end of the day... It's a road game without McIlrath, Rielly, Fioretti and Seimens-- and they came away with a point and 5 out of 6 for the week. Even with a poor outing. I'll take it.

PS... Where would the Pats be without Weal?!?!? Last place and losing games 3-0, 4-1, 2-0. What about next year... Without Weal AND their top 4 d-men? I'm still not sure what Lang was thinking with his "blockbuster" trade... When he didn't get Sundher, he should have bailed on Marincin (who IS very good-- but is a rental on a rebuilding mediocre team with absolutely NO chance of winning it all.)
considering theyve missed three years in a row.

Not to mention Marincin was a decent consolation prize considering how much forwards were going for.

January 22nd, 2012, 6:56 pm #7

other than being a little faster, he doesnt seem much further ahead than last year. Certainly wasnt great at the world juniors either, with the exception of a couple nice dives.

I would begrudgingly have to agree. He hasn't lit it up like he should, so far.

The only thing out there-- that he won't admit, but is a factor-- is that he's had a long tiring year already. He's had a whirlwind season. WJC camp(s), NHL camp, a serious injury, a few weeks in the WHL, WJ camp and another injury, WJ's, and then straight back into a heated WHL East... People around him know he's a bit spent.

Personally, I'd give him a week- 10 days to re-energize--- actually should have happened after the WJ's. Never happen, but he's not carrying the team or anything. I think they'd be OK without him for a couple games and it would help in the long run.

As for the diving. You're crazy. When you're that fast, you get a lot of people throwing desperation trips, hooks, etc. and you're going to go down. When was the last dive he was called for?

January 22nd, 2012, 7:59 pm #8

Maybe 5 percent of dives are ever called, and that is being generous. Especially if it the player in question is a star player in the league.

Sometimes, his speed can create those calls...but alot of the time that isnt the case. Frankly it was embarrassing to see that stuff in the world juniors...not that he was the only one.

January 22nd, 2012, 8:20 pm #9

5% of what equals 0?

January 22nd, 2012, 8:24 pm #10

Maybe 5 percent of dives are ever called, and that is being generous. Especially if it the player in question is a star player in the league.

Sometimes, his speed can create those calls...but alot of the time that isnt the case. Frankly it was embarrassing to see that stuff in the world juniors...not that he was the only one.

i think with the evolution of the game and it's players. speed has become a major factor in the what could be dives by the offensive players. i dont see howden nor alot of players emblishing but im not ruling it out either. howden has a ton of speed and dmen are forced to make adjustments and grab these players causeing players to fall.

as for howden i expected alot more from him this year, he should be in my mind a prolific goal scorer with his speed and size and shot. he has been very non noticeable with expection of his speed and phyiscal play as of late. for me the key to the warrior success is howden, he needs to set up his game and be a leader on the ice and help make players on his line better.. when hes playing on the same line as henry, howden is the goal scorer henry is the play maker. if the warriors want howden to be a playmaker then put a goal scorer on his line. its simple......howden is a very good hockey player, in fact has nhl speed and size, but he needs to step it to make it to the next level. as the previous poster stating that howden could be exhausted or playing hurt, that could make sense and i think the warriors would be smart to slowly give some of there players rest. i mean we have played majority of the season without ouur complete lineup and doing well, why not continue this trend and sit some key players for a game or two and let them get the needed time to regroup for the months ahead...

just my two cents