pat healthy scratches

pat healthy scratches

March 11th, 2012, 1:41 am #1

coancher sitting weal, scheidl and hewitt. is that typical pre-playoffs to rest the top players? they can't add points (e.g. weal has no chance for scoring title now, not that it really matters) or jockey for position... well, maybe they can... will see how they do tonight with the rest of the team. chance for klimchuk, marantz, & chandler stephenson to shine even more - come on.

March 11th, 2012, 3:56 am #2

is better than none... not too bad at all. marincin sat it out too...

i think that moves us to #6?

March 11th, 2012, 4:46 am #3

that came to MJ to pay $30 on the bus to see all their non stars to play. I would be mad as **** as you pay enough to travel all that way to see weal and co. and for them not to play is BS. Regina did play very well but that is not the point.

March 11th, 2012, 5:15 am #4

Got to see how the team played without three of their top scorers. Didn't do to badly. I was more so waiting to see what kinda of garbage Beach was gonna throw out there. He didn't disappoint too much. His constant complaining and whining when he gets a penalty or doesn't get a penalty is just retarded. Sure, he put up a couple points tonight, but that doesn't make up for his gong show presence. He would have A LOT more points if he wasn't such a joke. Beach is a player I WOULD NOT want on the Pats. Everyone says he's one of those players that you love when he's on your team, but where hockey is now, his antics are just disgraceful. He's more of a liability most of the time.

Give credit to Rodewald for standing up to McIlrath after his elbow to Davidson's head. Not sure he really thought that one through though. Kinda got a little pounded...lol. But the thing that really pissed me off, was the missed call on that elbow on Davidson, then you go down to the other end of the ice, and Jobke does the same thing, but gets the penalty. I mean, they were both penalties, but hate inconsistency in calls.

In the end, it was an alright game. Lots of Warrior mistakes and give-aways, but the Pats players who are really able to capitalize on them, weren't dressed. Really out shot the Pats again too.

Don't want to play the Warriors in a seven game series, that's for sure. With the single point tonight, Pats take over 6th spot again, one point in front of the Blades, who weren't so dominate on the road tonight.

March 11th, 2012, 5:45 am #5

What were these guys scratched for? Discipline? Rest? Seems kind of odd to be resting guys when the fight for 5th through 8th is so close.

March 11th, 2012, 6:12 am #6

can only assume that it is for rest ...or to see how the rest do without the key players...

maybe they'll just play home games? dunno.

March 11th, 2012, 6:16 am #7

What were these guys scratched for? Discipline? Rest? Seems kind of odd to be resting guys when the fight for 5th through 8th is so close.
Weal, Scheidl, and Marincin healthy scratches, and Beukaboom got the start...and played very well.

Why'd they sit?... I'm guess a couple reasons. One being, rest. They have played A LOT of games. Another reason, the risk of them getting injured in the game. Things got pretty rough last night and the last thing the Pats need is Beach acting like a jackass and taking a player out. (I'm picking mostly on Beach)

But...it also crossed my mind that maybe the coaches wanted to see how the team would respond with three of their top scores out. The Pats only played without Weal once this season, and that was the first game of the year! After securing a playoff spot, maybe they decided to play around one game. I mean, what if Weal goes down in the playoffs?? Everyone is going to have to step up, and playing a team like the Warriors short handed is definitely going to give you an idea of what may happen. I think this is possible.

March 11th, 2012, 7:38 am #8

coancher sitting weal, scheidl and hewitt. is that typical pre-playoffs to rest the top players? they can't add points (e.g. weal has no chance for scoring title now, not that it really matters) or jockey for position... well, maybe they can... will see how they do tonight with the rest of the team. chance for klimchuk, marantz, & chandler stephenson to shine even more - come on.
Last game of the season Al Patterson rested him even though Ronning could have been first player to crack 200 points in a season in the WHL. He had just broke Brian Propp's league record of 194 and was sitting at 197. Three points would have been very likely in the last game.

March 11th, 2012, 5:18 pm #9

jesus effing christ...

"That's right. I've killed women and children. I've killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you did to Ned." - Will Munny

March 11th, 2012, 6:09 pm #10

Weal, Scheidl, and Marincin healthy scratches, and Beukaboom got the start...and played very well.

Why'd they sit?... I'm guess a couple reasons. One being, rest. They have played A LOT of games. Another reason, the risk of them getting injured in the game. Things got pretty rough last night and the last thing the Pats need is Beach acting like a jackass and taking a player out. (I'm picking mostly on Beach)

But...it also crossed my mind that maybe the coaches wanted to see how the team would respond with three of their top scores out. The Pats only played without Weal once this season, and that was the first game of the year! After securing a playoff spot, maybe they decided to play around one game. I mean, what if Weal goes down in the playoffs?? Everyone is going to have to step up, and playing a team like the Warriors short handed is definitely going to give you an idea of what may happen. I think this is possible.
I think I would rather finish 5th or 6th and avoid playing Edmonton or MJ in the first round. Maybe you guys have had more success against the top two teams than Brandon has, Im not sure.