howden vs weal

howden vs weal

March 31st, 2012, 2:18 pm #1

Howden 5gp 9pts +6 weal 5gp 5pts +2

Yeah weal might have 100+ points in regular season, but id not much when it counted. Howden took games off this season but when he had to show up he did. Howden is the better player, i know i would rather have a guy who shows up when game important. Oh yeah Howden drafted first round weal third
hmmm tell me who better

Howden out performed weal now hopefully he does same to etem

March 31st, 2012, 2:44 pm #2

The difference between both teams was clearly size and depth. Rod on the sports cage was giving it to Weal and was saying he needed to be better, you know what when you have only 1 good scoring line and no depth, teams will shut down that top line, NOT Weals fault! Happened to Fleury against Brandon years back when they put a guy against him and shadowed him the whole series! Pats will be a good team the next couple of years, nothing to hang your heads about! I was not impressed with Pat Conachar, showed no class after the game by not shaking hands with the Warrior coaching staff!! He can be mad at the refs or whatever but the better team won!! GO WARRIORS!!!

March 31st, 2012, 5:18 pm #3

Yeah weal might have 100+ points in regular season, but id not much when it counted. Howden took games off this season but when he had to show up he did. Howden is the better player, i know i would rather have a guy who shows up when game important. Oh yeah Howden drafted first round weal third
hmmm tell me who better

If Etem picks up a blue-line pass, there's no one on the Warrior defense core that can catch him. And the Tigers will play him on the 1st PK unit.

March 31st, 2012, 5:30 pm #4

The difference between both teams was clearly size and depth. Rod on the sports cage was giving it to Weal and was saying he needed to be better, you know what when you have only 1 good scoring line and no depth, teams will shut down that top line, NOT Weals fault! Happened to Fleury against Brandon years back when they put a guy against him and shadowed him the whole series! Pats will be a good team the next couple of years, nothing to hang your heads about! I was not impressed with Pat Conachar, showed no class after the game by not shaking hands with the Warrior coaching staff!! He can be mad at the refs or whatever but the better team won!! GO WARRIORS!!!
he was on PK for 1/3 of the games. how's he supposed to get out of zone and get rushes going.

he's stalwart.

to even make this howden vs weal "howden shows up when it counts" post it dumb.

how did howden do in world juniors eh?

weal is consistent and reliable - the points he's put up over his career in whl speak for themselves.

March 31st, 2012, 6:11 pm #5

hey he is suppose to be a star player, in my eyes he didnt show up didnt carry his team. At least he can change that babies conacher diapers on the golf course. What a sucks cries cause some guys says something to him and then wont even shake hands that is a sore loser and a crappy coach. Next up is etem and the tigers now that is real hockey player we will see how the warriors stop him.

March 31st, 2012, 6:35 pm #6

one player can't carry a team. that's why they're called teams.

moose jaws D covered him AND, as mentioned, weal was on the PK unit, and given that warriors had on avg 6 power plays per game, that is a lot of special-teaming it. meanwhile moose jaw have more depth and secondary scoring so of course howden could break out,

why you'd want to prop up howden by trying to downgrade weal is beyond me.

they are both strong players but on totally different teams.

WHL CAREER:
weal has been tremendous at 385 points in 282 games
compare that to howden's 239 points in 244 games

weal played 43 games more BUT scored 146 more points!!!

and he wasn't on a playoff team until this year. and before you go there, the last two years, no eberle, but look at the points - just as good, even better.

so please.

say all you want about coancher not shaking hands. fair game.

say all you want about pats playing golf (though i bet weal gets called up to AHL if they can use him)

but don't give me this weal vs. howden stuff.

it doesn't fly.

March 31st, 2012, 6:52 pm #7

hmmm tell me who better

Both are players that deserve respect, both are kids and someone's sons. Don't be a jerk! You are not comparing apples to apples but apples to oranges. The chemistry of both teams have to be taken into consideration the way you are comparing. Both teams' composition is very different.

March 31st, 2012, 7:02 pm #8

they are both good. and context is everything.

March 31st, 2012, 8:38 pm #9

hmmm tell me who better

that would have been something to behold. If only the trade deadline rumours were true.

And forget scoring, the difference Howden made this series was with his physical play. I don't know how he channeled the ghost of Jordin Tootoo since Tootoo is still alive, but man, he was ridiculous out there. Will be interesting to see how performs against the Tigers.

March 31st, 2012, 9:11 pm #10

But we have a young Weal in Point!! He has all the tools and determination to be a stud!!