How long for Habscheid in Victoria?

How long for Habscheid in Victoria?

December 31st, 2011, 6:35 am #1

They haven't won in what seems like years, they are nine games below 500 with a team that he has been building for three years, he has unlimited resources and it clearly isn't getting done. Heading into the season I heard three months to make or break. The first thing the guy needs to realize is you can't coach your kid at this level, even if he is good enough to play and I will leave it at that. If Habscheid is still standing in two weeks, I'll be shocked.

December 31st, 2011, 2:39 pm #2

He signed a multi-year deal, he's not going anywhere for a while yet. Problem with Habscheid is he's a coach, not a GM, he needs to realize that.

December 31st, 2011, 4:39 pm #3

I think the owners would eat his contract because he's not improving the team at all. He should have moved Howse, Gore, Manning & Horak last season but he thought they would make some noise in the post season. He's set the team back 3 years by not making some moves.

December 31st, 2011, 6:06 pm #4

He may not work again. Word is Hockey canada would never have him back and he may possibly burned his bridges in the nhl by word that he went after his head coach's job in Boston. Is this true I don't know, but I know that the hockey world is small. Either way, he has been a disaster in Victoria and Chilliwack.

December 31st, 2011, 6:27 pm #5

Many in the hockey circles say Habcheid has a large ego and is hard to work for and even harder to play for. One has to think what the Royals would have been like had Conacher been the head coach here instead of Habscheid? Appears that Regina is doing surprisingly well for what should have been a young low achieving team.

December 31st, 2011, 6:32 pm #6

habscheid and conacher are buddies to, but complete opposite people. its scary.

December 31st, 2011, 9:49 pm #7

Many in the hockey circles say Habcheid has a large ego and is hard to work for and even harder to play for. One has to think what the Royals would have been like had Conacher been the head coach here instead of Habscheid? Appears that Regina is doing surprisingly well for what should have been a young low achieving team.
A very good coach............proven winner, makes kids accountable and that flies in the face of to-days spoiled brats. Too hard to be coach and GM, should stick to being coach................

December 31st, 2011, 9:59 pm #8

Habscheid's only winning team in Kelowna had 9 forwards and 4 defencemen that went to the NHL. With all due respect who couldn't have coached that team. As well the word is that conacher cannot stand him and was not staying for that reason. As for flying in the face of today's spoiled brats, so does Don Hay and he doesn't have the abysmal record of Habscheid.

December 31st, 2011, 10:09 pm #9

Think you better check record book.........1 Memorial Cup..........many winning seasons..........

January 1st, 2012, 6:24 pm #10

A Memorial Cup with an * as Host Team. Not as a league champion. Kevin Constantine and the expansion Everett Silvertips beat that Kelowna team in a seven game series. Host teams were allowed in to help market the tournament, for the sheer dollars of it. You shouln't be able to buy your way in.
IMO the Memorial Cup should be for League Champions only. If they need a 4th team, let the USHL in. They claim to be Tier One, weaker or not.
Kelowna won a week long tournament with home ice advantage, period. Not easy, but not a true Champion, and that goes for all Host teams. IMO.