Hells Angels Charged with Murdering Former Dub Player

Hells Angels Charged with Murdering Former Dub Player

June 28th, 2011, 8:32 pm #1

Kelowna dad Dain Phillips would have done anything for his three sons and grandchildren.

So when his two youngest told him about an ongoing dispute with two brothers they had known in high school, he stepped in to resolve it peacefully.

Instead, Phillips was fatally beaten with hammers and baseball bats on a Kelowna roadside June 12.

Now two full-patch Hells Angels and five others have been charged with killing Phillips, 51.

The counts against Norman Cocks, 31, and Robert Thomas, 46, are the first accusing patch-wearing Angels of murder in the 28-year history of the biker gang in B.C

At 6-3, Phillips was a right winger in the Western Hockey League from 1978 to 1980, playing with goaltender Kelly Hrudey in Medicine Hat and Buffalo Sabres coach Lindy Ruff in Lethbridge.

Read more:http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Hells+ ... z1QbY81mNf

June 28th, 2011, 9:07 pm #2

nm

June 28th, 2011, 9:30 pm #3

by as many as SEVEN Douchebags. Phillips, 51, was attacked about 7 p.m. June 12 near the intersection of McCurdy and Gibson roads in Kelowna after he had agreed to meet some people connected to the feud with his sons.

Several men armed with hammers, baseball bats and other items arrived in two other vehicles and started striking Phillips.

Critically wounded and left unconscious in a pool of his blood, Phillips died later in hospital.

"Phillips lived on a disability pension with his wife and toddler grandson. He had no criminal history."

June 28th, 2011, 9:33 pm #4

Full of compassion, right to the end.

June 28th, 2011, 10:07 pm #5

by as many as SEVEN Douchebags. Phillips, 51, was attacked about 7 p.m. June 12 near the intersection of McCurdy and Gibson roads in Kelowna after he had agreed to meet some people connected to the feud with his sons.

Several men armed with hammers, baseball bats and other items arrived in two other vehicles and started striking Phillips.

Critically wounded and left unconscious in a pool of his blood, Phillips died later in hospital.

"Phillips lived on a disability pension with his wife and toddler grandson. He had no criminal history."
He didn't deserve that.

It seems strange that all those full patches would jump out of a car and beat a man to death unprovoked. Typically guys with patches conduct themselves with a great deal of restraint, they don't want to draw more attention to themselves because it's bad for business. That being said, the victim's sons were being harassed by two brothers connected to a motorcycle gang. he probably got angry and insulted or threatened them or something, understandable but that doesn't mean he deserved that in any way shape or form.

It's stupid to think that this was all part of a drug deal gone wrong or that he was killed because his sons were involved with something. There's a reason this is the first time someone with a full patch has been charged with murder in kelowna, those guys are extremely careful. Those sorts of things get taken care of away from prying eyes, a hole gets dug and that's it. They don't beat a man to death with baseball bats and hammers in the middle of the freaking day on a busy street because someone owes them money. That's a good way to spend the rest of your life in jail, which is not what their goal is obviously.

Really KBF should have actually given some thought before hitting respond.

And for the victim, RIP.

-----------

"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair and beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back."

June 28th, 2011, 10:15 pm #6

I never said he deserved it, I said he most likely wasn't some Youth Pastor or random Charity worker. Everyone can all throw their tampons at me all they want on here, what I stated is most likely a fact.

June 28th, 2011, 11:04 pm #7

who's blood was up because his kids were being threatened.

-----------

"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair and beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back."

June 28th, 2011, 11:27 pm #8

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... ?pid=44187

Until this month, "Phillips lived on a disability pension with his wife and toddler grandson. He had no criminal history". - a real desperado, right KBF?

"Kelowna RCMP Sgt. Anne Morrison confirmed after his death that Phillips did not provoke the attack nor did he engage in the altercation".

June 28th, 2011, 11:54 pm #9

I never said he deserved it, I said he most likely wasn't some Youth Pastor or random Charity worker. Everyone can all throw their tampons at me all they want on here, what I stated is most likely a fact.
One of the more asinine comments I've read on the boards. Congrats on admitting to the world that you don't have your facts straight but will still continuing to run your mouth like you do. Give your head a shake, goof.

June 29th, 2011, 1:22 am #10

is there a bigger dipsh**, anywhere?