Has anybody else noticed how ridiculous the NHL has become?

Has anybody else noticed how ridiculous the NHL has become?

September 27th, 2011, 1:21 am #1

Theyve certainly stepped up the insanity this year, as there has literally been a suspension every day so far, with two suspensions combining 19 games being announced today, and surely a couple tommorrow after the philly rangers game. That coupled with the usual landslide of special teams, Its actually embarrassing to watch.

Just imagine how bad it gets when the royal toddler comes back and no doubt gets hurt again.

The dub isnt completely lost yet, but as we know **** rolls down hill and it will eventually be the same.

...at least MLB playoffs are around the corner. Boring as it can be, there is certainly much less ******** that comes with it.

September 27th, 2011, 1:38 am #2

not really because i haven't paid attention to any of it. the game isn't even hockey anymore as far as i'm concerned. it's been garbage for a long time now (much worse after the lock out) in my opinion. and sadly it's only going to get worse. i don't understand how anybody can thoroughly enjoy the nhl this day and age. from what i grew up watching it is like night and day. and not in a good way.

September 27th, 2011, 2:29 am #3

Theyve certainly stepped up the insanity this year, as there has literally been a suspension every day so far, with two suspensions combining 19 games being announced today, and surely a couple tommorrow after the philly rangers game. That coupled with the usual landslide of special teams, Its actually embarrassing to watch.

Just imagine how bad it gets when the royal toddler comes back and no doubt gets hurt again.

The dub isnt completely lost yet, but as we know **** rolls down hill and it will eventually be the same.

...at least MLB playoffs are around the corner. Boring as it can be, there is certainly much less ******** that comes with it.

There's only one sporting event worth watching right now, the Rugby World Cup (third biggest sporting event in the world). It's refreshing watching a sport that doesn't change the laws because a few babies get hurt.

Speaking of which, Canada plays Japan in an hour on TSN. Should be a gooder...

But yeah, the NHL has been ridiculous so far.

September 27th, 2011, 2:32 am #4

Maybe it will clean the game up. Let these players know that shots to the head will not be tolerated. One more thing I hope Shanny does is suspend these players that feel they have to defend his player and start a fight over a CLEAN open ice hit, SOOO sick and tired of seeing that, it's hockey hit and be hit.

September 27th, 2011, 2:46 am #5

-------------------------------------------------------------------
The 6,165-seat Four Seasons Arena was the home of the WHLs Great Falls Americans in 1979-80. The Americans didnt survive even one season, but gave birth to one of the great anecdotes in WHL history. Les Jackson was the GM/head coach and the roster included D Derek Davis. One day, Jackson was working the phones while the team was practising when Davis came off the ice and into the office. Jackson looked up and Davis said: Were in trouble. To which Jackson replied: Whats wrong? . . . Davis said: The pylons are up, 2-0.

September 27th, 2011, 3:31 am #6

Maybe it will clean the game up. Let these players know that shots to the head will not be tolerated. One more thing I hope Shanny does is suspend these players that feel they have to defend his player and start a fight over a CLEAN open ice hit, SOOO sick and tired of seeing that, it's hockey hit and be hit.
please. more asinine suspensions is the last thing the nhl needs. besides it's becoming more evident over the years that the definition of a "clean hit" is quite subjective.

September 27th, 2011, 3:36 am #7

I havent seen any of them yet. So i cant comment on whether or not they're legit.

September 27th, 2011, 3:44 am #8

But after listening to him for the first time in years the other day...I have to ask. Did he sell his soul to be Bettmans biotch????

September 27th, 2011, 6:48 am #9

Yup, the NHL hasn't been the same since they returned from the 04-05 lockout. The game has been destroyed beyond repair. I also can't understand how people can enjoy the NHL game because it's far from entertaining, & far from what I consider hockey. There are too many issues with the game that I have a problem with. Talking with former players who played in the 70s, 80s & 90s, all agree it's way too soft, & just because the players are bigger, stronger & faster it doesn't necessarily mean the game is better. Even the DUB is soft & players are smaller than they were or the league was 5 years ago. The WHL is a superior product to the NHL, but how long til the trickle down effect happens where the WHL is softer than butter like the NHL? I hope that doesn't happen but I think it's inevitable.

September 27th, 2011, 11:55 am #10

Wisniewski's was dirty and he got what he had coming. Staubitz' was stupid, had lots of time to stop or turn away. Boyes' could have hit his body instead of the head. I was surprised Shelley didn't get more games, his hit on Boyce was brutal. Lots of suspensions but players have to respect each other out there. Before Shanahan, there were hits with no calls and if there was a call the suspension would be a game or two and a slap on the wrist. As much as I dislike Crosby, its not good for the game having him out. Shanahan is trying to do away with head shots so maybe more people can stay off IR. I wish these calls were implemented 10 yrs ago. Its going to take some time for the players to adapt but its for the good of the game and the players!