Harrison's headshot on Messier video

Harrison's headshot on Messier video

March 30th, 2012, 9:05 am #1

I know I'm pretty much beating a dead horse at this point, but figured others might want to see the video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNwdc2wmZoo

I know the quality sucks, but thanks to whoever uploaded it. It's actually a lot worse than I originally thought. Coming from behind like that, elbow directly to the head. I think all hockey fans can agree that this kind of hit needs to be out of hockey. I'm all for open ice hits, but not from behind like this.

And yes, I know. Americans won, Everett lost, Messier dove, yea yea get over it. This isn't a hate thread towards Harrison or me wanting sympathy for the Americans. I just figured everyone who has been talking about it should see the hit for themselves. Lets hope Messier is ok and Harrison can learn to stop doing this.

March 30th, 2012, 1:53 pm #2

from the tips side has said he dove or it wasn't a major....it was a bad hit.

However, he DIDN'T Leave his feet like some americans fans said....video CLEARLY shows both his skates on the ice. It wasn't a charge either, it was a check to the head....lastly, Harrison didn't do it out of frustration either, he was playing very aggressive all night, had just put the puck in the net 2 minutes before, and certainly wasn't aiming to take a 3/4th liner with like 7 points on the season out of the game......it was simply a bad decision.

If you want to see a dirty hit a player made out of frustration, I leave you with...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27ymvQ_5s2Y

Later EddieO

March 30th, 2012, 2:19 pm #3

12 game suspension it is then

March 30th, 2012, 3:16 pm #4

However, he DIDN'T Leave his feet like some americans fans said....video CLEARLY shows both his skates on the ice. It wasn't a charge either, it was a check to the head....lastly, Harrison didn't do it out of frustration either, he was playing very aggressive all night, had just put the puck in the net 2 minutes before, and certainly wasn't aiming to take a 3/4th liner with like 7 points on the season out of the game......it was simply a bad decision.

If you want to see a dirty hit a player made out of frustration, I leave you with...

Later EddieO
...apparently, two wrongs do make a right, or something like that.

I find it amusing that people still post that video...as if that has anything to do with the Harrison hit.

March 30th, 2012, 3:21 pm #5

12 game suspension it is then
That is one of worst excuses I have heard. He was playing aggressive all night so that's why he did it. Doesn't matter if scored ten goals before he made the hit. He completely knew what he was doing and directed his elbow at the back of Messier's head. He should be suspended at least 6 imo. It was his first game back after an easy suspension. Not that it matters much because he will probably not be back next season as he got called up to the AHL.

March 30th, 2012, 3:26 pm #6

Later EddieO
That was not "simply a bad decision." That was blatant cheap shot. Doesn't matter if he had just scored, doesn't matter he wasn't frustrated, doesn't matter how many or how few points Messier has scored, and it doesn't matter if Shinnimin laid a dangerous hit 18 months ago. Your rationalization for the hit is ridiculous. I'm not saying Harrison is a cheapshot artist, but he needs a clue, quickly. My apologies to the rest of the board for responding and continuing the thread and adding more TRI ******** to the board, but Eddie's post required a response.

March 30th, 2012, 3:45 pm #7

I know I'm pretty much beating a dead horse at this point, but figured others might want to see the video;

I know the quality sucks, but thanks to whoever uploaded it. It's actually a lot worse than I originally thought. Coming from behind like that, elbow directly to the head. I think all hockey fans can agree that this kind of hit needs to be out of hockey. I'm all for open ice hits, but not from behind like this.

And yes, I know. Americans won, Everett lost, Messier dove, yea yea get over it. This isn't a hate thread towards Harrison or me wanting sympathy for the Americans. I just figured everyone who has been talking about it should see the hit for themselves. Lets hope Messier is ok and Harrison can learn to stop doing this.
It was a blind side head shot. There is no excuse. Harrison should get a nice long suspension, IMO.

That being said...Does the TC training staff need help with their Protocol on how to treat injuries? The kid took a shot to the head and couldn't keep his feet. The first reaction is a concussion, but the reason could also be nerve damage caused by a neck injury. This Kid should NOT have been moving...he should have been laying down and being stabilized.

I hope he is ok. As I stated, I have no defense for the hit. Cheap shot all the way.

March 30th, 2012, 3:55 pm #8

This player got 12 games for the blind side head shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJupJoxpeP0

Rock On AMS!

March 30th, 2012, 4:35 pm #9

Go beat the hell out of him yourself (players obviously)

It makes a deterent and retribution all in one.

You messed with Yzerman, you got Probert. You messed with Brett Hull, you got Tony Twist, you messed with Gretzky, you got Semenko. The list goes on and on. And if you kept messing with Yzerman, Probert would run over your star player. Then that star player would demand you left Yzerman alone. Self policing.

Teams cannot simply rely on the league, WHL or NHL to protect their star players. It wasn't that long ago Boogaard was looking after Tri players, now their fans are whiney bitches.

This game is screwed up big time...

Chris Relke photo

March 30th, 2012, 4:41 pm #10

This player got 12 games for the blind side head shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJupJoxpeP0

Rock On AMS!
Blind side? Yeah. Would have been a good interference call. Head shot? No, not a chance. That hit was shoulder to shoulder all the way; the helmet flying off doesn't indicate a headshot any more than a stick flying off indicates a slash - it just means it was a hard collision. Pretty weak call imo. Consider the kid played in the same period after that "vicious hit."