Everett Associate Head Coach Moving On...

Everett Associate Head Coach Moving On...

April 14th, 2011, 4:53 pm #1

The last coaching link to the Silvertips' inaugural season, as well as the Constantine era, has moved on...
------------

http://everettsilvertips.com/article/ja ... s-d-angers

Apr 14, 2011
Jay Varady to Coach Ducs d'Angers

Everett Silvertips Vice President / General Manager Doug Soetaert announced Tuesday that Associate Head Coach Jay Varady, a member of the Silvertips coaching staff for all eight seasons, has accepted the head coaching position with the Ducs dAngers, a team competing in Frances top-tier Ligue Magnus.

In terms of growing as a coach and accepting additional responsibilities, this is a natural career progression for me, and Im excited to become the Head Coach in Angers, Varady said. Everett is a really special place for me, and to be able to spend eight years with the same organization has been a true privilege. Id like to thank Mr. Yuill and Doug Soetaert for providing me the opportunity to work with this great organization from the beginning. I would also like to thank the coaches Ive worked with, especially Craig Hartsburg and Chris Hartsburg.

Varady, 33, was Everetts Associate Head Coach from 2007-11 after serving as Assistant Coach for four years from 2003-07. During his tenure in Everett, the Silvertips posted a Western Conference Championship and three U.S. Division titles while making the playoffs in each of his eight seasons. The Cahokia, IL native won a gold medal at the 2010 IIHF World Junior Championships with USA Hockey as the teams Video Coordinator after working as a coach at USA Hockeys World Junior Evaluation Camp in 2008.

Prior to his time in Everett, Varady served as an assistant coach with the Pittsburgh Forge, winning the Junior A NAHL National Championship in 2003. He played three seasons of Division I NCAA hockey with Union College prior to an injury that relocated him to the bench, where he served as a volunteer assistant coach for the Dutchmen in 2000-01.

Jay has been a loyal and dedicated member of our organization for the last eight years, and we are all happy that he is able to begin his head coaching career, Silvertips Vice President / General Manager Doug Soetaert said. We all thank him for his efforts in Everett and wish him nothing but the absolute best success in Angers.

The Silvertips 2010-11 season has concluded. For all up to date Silvertips information, please visit www.everettsilvertips.com and interact with the club on social networking sites Facebook (Everett Silvertips Hockey Club) and Twitter (@WHLsilvertips). For ticketing information, including season seats and ticket packages for the 2011-12 season, please contact the Silvertips front office at (425) 252-5100.

April 14th, 2011, 4:54 pm #2

Varady was catching a lot of grief (at least from fans) for the Special Teams being so horrible this season.

This is truly the Hartsburg show now.

April 14th, 2011, 5:35 pm #3

Most the stuff I read blamed Chris and Craig...I didn't read too much about Jay.

April 14th, 2011, 6:51 pm #4

This is the first I've seen or heard anybody make that connection as well.

April 14th, 2011, 7:10 pm #5

Most the stuff I read blamed Chris and Craig...I didn't read too much about Jay.
... until near the end of the season when it came out that he was not the person who coached the Special Teams. That was Jay, according to JR.

April 14th, 2011, 7:55 pm #6

it is up to the head coach to over see everything, including his assistant coach's. do you think hthe head coach was completely out of the picture? i think not!