Cue the controversy

Cue the controversy

May 20th, 2012, 11:43 pm #1

The Knights caught a nice break on a tipped shot from the point. But they may have been offside just moments earlier. Shawinigan had a great starting effort too till that goal went in.

May 20th, 2012, 11:55 pm #2

After Shawinigan scores, one of thier players gets smoked in the head. SOmehow the refs missed it, this is a sure fire 5 minute major in todays game. Frustration setting in for London, they need to stay composed.

May 21st, 2012, 12:04 am #3

London is tired, hungry,and in a foreign Country....not the little 'O' circuit.

May 21st, 2012, 12:10 am #4

Cant blame the fellow. However the refs have been bad both ways. Lets see how London responds.

May 21st, 2012, 12:26 am #5

Just go and cheer for the Q and O full time, the Dub doesn't want you.

May 21st, 2012, 12:46 am #6

Cant blame the fellow. However the refs have been bad both ways. Lets see how London responds.

but im pretty sure i saw him say "f*ck you" about twenty times...

May 21st, 2012, 1:05 am #7

London is tired, hungry,and in a foreign Country....not the little 'O' circuit.

Should this result hold for Shawinigan - The only winless team would be the Sea Dogs. Interesting turn of events. Shawinigan is playing like they belong here now. Great game so far.

May 21st, 2012, 1:34 am #8

The Knights caught a nice break on a tipped shot from the point. But they may have been offside just moments earlier. Shawinigan had a great starting effort too till that goal went in.

that in this game, more than half the jersey numbers on these teams are above 30?

Used to be that the only type of player that did that was the wanna-be hotshot russian that wants to stand out.

I guess even something small like that sort of speaks for the mindset players have today, among other things. Its almost as if they are something special compared to everyone else.

May 21st, 2012, 1:47 am #9

The Blades now i believe dont allow any numbers higher than 55(Brenden Wall) Now a days. I dont really care if players have high numbers. Just as long as no one has 99

May 21st, 2012, 2:00 am #10

that in this game, more than half the jersey numbers on these teams are above 30?

Used to be that the only type of player that did that was the wanna-be hotshot russian that wants to stand out.

I guess even something small like that sort of speaks for the mindset players have today, among other things. Its almost as if they are something special compared to everyone else.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but something about junior players wearing high numbers always annoyed me. Unless you're Gretzky or Lemieux, I think there is a correlation between high numbers and playing like a prima donna.

In Brandon crap like that has never been allowed. In the past twenty years I can't recall any player ever wearing a number higher than 37.

It's gonna become more often though. It's only a matter of time until the 'Dub starts retiring numbers en masse like in the NHL. In Montreal, for example, I think every number under twelve is retired as are a handful in the teens and twenties (don't get me started on retiring numbers, it's the stupidest thing ever).

So yeah, it's weird.