Brendan Shinnimin leads the league

Brendan Shinnimin leads the league

January 8th, 2012, 6:19 am #1

in diving.

January 8th, 2012, 6:31 am #2

The Ams website notes Shinnimin was a "listed" player. Several other players were too. What does it mean to have been listed, rather than drafted?

January 8th, 2012, 6:33 am #3

in diving.
wait....oh my bad they dont lead in anything 'cept losing maybe. Dont be a hater dude, the refs were trying to get your guys into the game, your guys couldnt get it done...thats all there is to it.

January 8th, 2012, 6:40 am #4

The Ams website notes Shinnimin was a "listed" player. Several other players were too. What does it mean to have been listed, rather than drafted?
means he was picked up the team. Some player are drafted at 14 and some are not drafted and then are listed with the team on their Protected List. Shinnimin was not drafted by was added to their Protected Player List. Some players may have been out with injury in their draft year and so were not seen much; some may not have played in a league where the Scouts saw him much and then progressed more later on; and some maybe just didn't look like good draft choices in their draft year and were overlooked.

January 8th, 2012, 6:40 am #5

wait....oh my bad they dont lead in anything 'cept losing maybe. Dont be a hater dude, the refs were trying to get your guys into the game, your guys couldnt get it done...thats all there is to it.

Whining!! Way ahead of the pack!

January 8th, 2012, 6:45 am #6

means he was picked up the team. Some player are drafted at 14 and some are not drafted and then are listed with the team on their Protected List. Shinnimin was not drafted by was added to their Protected Player List. Some players may have been out with injury in their draft year and so were not seen much; some may not have played in a league where the Scouts saw him much and then progressed more later on; and some maybe just didn't look like good draft choices in their draft year and were overlooked.
The Ams have several very good players who were listed as opposed to drafted. Perhaps it is the same with all teams.

Clearly it is hard to know how a 14 year old will look in a year or three.

January 8th, 2012, 6:48 am #7

Whining!! Way ahead of the pack!
LOL

January 8th, 2012, 6:48 am #8

in diving.
With the russians and swedes in the top 2 in the world juniors...and the canucks making it to game 7 in stanley cup...as well as the Q wins the mem cup last year and now the Americans are the number one team in the CHL...

isnt it a pure coincidence that all these well known diving teams are experiencing so much success?

January 8th, 2012, 6:59 am #9

I am curious to how you think the refs were trying to get the Tips back into the game? I thought the refs did an OK job except for not calling the obvious hand pass that led to one of the Ams goals. It was a blown call but in the end that goal didn't really matter anyways when Everett puts a big goose egg on the board.

January 8th, 2012, 7:07 am #10

I say that, cuz from what I saw on the internet feed shinny was pulled down on that play which made it a discretionary call by the ref. He saw the players interact there was obvious contact between them he said that shinny dove....dived...whatev. We were up, shinny had just scored...my opinion on what happened.