Brayden Schenn and the Los Angeles Kings... close to being called up....

Brayden Schenn and the Los Angeles Kings... close to being called up....

March 29th, 2011, 1:30 am #1

How does that affect the Blades if they lose him for any time at all.

Just watched the report on NHL Network and the kings have stated they are one more injury from calling up Brayden Schenn. They are decimated with injuries in Manchester and can't call anymore up from there and the next in line is Schenn. It would need to be an emergency call up but they are one more injury away from being capable of doing just that.

Can you talk about a serious blow to the Blades run for a championship. Espescially when you consider the future that was traded away to get such a player.

March 29th, 2011, 1:52 am #2

I'm pretty sure that the Blades would be able to say no to this. I personally don't think that its fair for a team to call up the best player from a team seriously contending for a championship. I do realize the fact that L.A has injury problems, but i still don't see it happening.

Damn Nature..... YOU SCARY!

March 29th, 2011, 1:54 am #3

i got the inside scoop that it wont happen, unfortunately. although its my understanding that the kings have the ability to call up schenn due to emergency reasons. bummer.

March 29th, 2011, 2:01 am #4

thank god or I would have been worried for Saskatoon. so glad you have the inside scoop

March 29th, 2011, 2:21 am #5

what's a few grand, in the whole scheme of things?

March 29th, 2011, 2:47 am #6

Well considering his goal is to play in the WHL I'm sure he'd say no.

March 29th, 2011, 3:19 am #7

what's a few grand, in the whole scheme of things?
Pretty sure he has no control over what happens. It's not as if a player demoted to the AHL can say "no thanks, I'd rather stay in the show"

March 29th, 2011, 4:41 am #8

i got the inside scoop that it wont happen, unfortunately. although its my understanding that the kings have the ability to call up schenn due to emergency reasons. bummer.
they flat out said that if another injury happens he is the next in line. Machester is 100 percent out of the question and that he would be called up.

March 29th, 2011, 5:14 am #9

Pretty sure he has no control over what happens. It's not as if a player demoted to the AHL can say "no thanks, I'd rather stay in the show"
yes yes they can

March 29th, 2011, 5:16 am #10

I'm pretty sure that the Blades would be able to say no to this. I personally don't think that its fair for a team to call up the best player from a team seriously contending for a championship. I do realize the fact that L.A has injury problems, but i still don't see it happening.

Damn Nature..... YOU SCARY!
Why? The kings are in business for the Kings. If they feel their best shot winning now is to take one of their players and insert him into the lineup then they should do that. It may suck if it did happen, but this is a development league.