Brad McEwen's Stamp

Brad McEwen's Stamp

April 13th, 2012, 2:54 pm #1

Brad McEwen's era in Swift was lack of discipline, lack of effort, small and weak up front and bizarre deals. After watching Tigers this year and especially in the playoffs their lack of discipline, lack of effort, lack of size was evident. Now will McEwen do the bizarre deals he did in Swift? He let Reddenbach, Williams, Hiebert and White run roughshod over the community, the coaches and their teammates. But aside from that it was the lack of discipline on ice, lack of effort that was evident. For the first time this season I saw a Tigers team that lacked discipline, effort and they brought very little to the table up front with grit and size. Honestly, it was like watching his teams that bowed out every year in the playoffs. Moose Jaw treated that team like their prison b****. How often do guys in the league get to run their same non productive and ineffective cycle through organization after organization? Buckle up Tiger fans. The free fall WILL happen. The guy is a nice guy I hear, but lacks gumption and ba*ls and so does every team. Tiger culture can be seen heading down the road. Trust me on this one.

April 13th, 2012, 3:26 pm #2

We will have to see how his draft picks work out but his deals haven't really been all that great this far.

One has to wonder what sort of long term plan the masers have for him, for example moore was clearly only there as a transition guy until willy could take over for him.

-----------

"Now you wear your skin like iron
Your breath's as hard as kerosene"

April 13th, 2012, 4:16 pm #3

I made the trip in to catch those two games. I went to game three but avoided game four as watching another team celebrate on tiger ice is essentially my least favourite thing.

I noticed that the moose jaw forcheck was forcing the tiger d into poor decision after poor decision, the tigers did fine when they got the puck out of their end and through the neutral zone but those instances were few and far between. To me that was the main problem, not a lack of size.

Sure jaw was faster and bigger. Generally speaking you can have fast players or you can have big players but to get both in the same package you have to be drafting from the beginning of the draft, not the end of it.

Also we should remember that last year should have been their year. They were really only a high end defenseman away from a trip to the finals. This year is certainly a changing of the guard and the end of th bunz/etem/vey era. Next year we will probably see some growing pains but hopefully the year after that we will see another contender, providing the scouts and the gm has done their jobs.

-----------

April 13th, 2012, 4:55 pm #4

Brad McEwen's era in Swift was lack of discipline, lack of effort, small and weak up front and bizarre deals. After watching Tigers this year and especially in the playoffs their lack of discipline, lack of effort, lack of size was evident. Now will McEwen do the bizarre deals he did in Swift? He let Reddenbach, Williams, Hiebert and White run roughshod over the community, the coaches and their teammates. But aside from that it was the lack of discipline on ice, lack of effort that was evident. For the first time this season I saw a Tigers team that lacked discipline, effort and they brought very little to the table up front with grit and size. Honestly, it was like watching his teams that bowed out every year in the playoffs. Moose Jaw treated that team like their prison b****. How often do guys in the league get to run their same non productive and ineffective cycle through organization after organization? Buckle up Tiger fans. The free fall WILL happen. The guy is a nice guy I hear, but lacks gumption and ba*ls and so does every team. Tiger culture can be seen heading down the road. Trust me on this one.
Both have failed and both are not suited for the Tigers. We were spoiled with Willie Desjardins, who should be a serious candidate for the Calgary Flames coaching posistion. Willie ran this team with a sense of class. Yes he did like small players but recognized the need for grit and toughness aswell. The Tigers had by far the softest defense in WHL this year but did nothing to rectify it before the playoffs. Clouston lost this team around Christmas and should have been fired for his ranting and raving. He supposedly put more than one player up against the wall which is the same reason he was fired elsewhere. He is losing his respect from the community with his temper and threats to his stepsons hockey coaches and anyone else who crosses him. Lets turn the page and let Kruger coach the team and find a solid GM and get this team back whre it should be.

April 13th, 2012, 5:38 pm #5

He was a big reason why they managed to get all the way to the third round last year.

As for the team giving up on him I don't know if I agree with that, they had flashes of brilliance (usually when the third and fourth lines were chipping in) but for its talent level this is about all you could expect of them.

Average d that cracks under pressure, great goaltending and one good line only goes so far.

I think I agree with you in regards to the gm. But clouston deserves another year or so behind the bench.

-----------

April 13th, 2012, 8:53 pm #6

Both have failed and both are not suited for the Tigers. We were spoiled with Willie Desjardins, who should be a serious candidate for the Calgary Flames coaching posistion. Willie ran this team with a sense of class. Yes he did like small players but recognized the need for grit and toughness aswell. The Tigers had by far the softest defense in WHL this year but did nothing to rectify it before the playoffs. Clouston lost this team around Christmas and should have been fired for his ranting and raving. He supposedly put more than one player up against the wall which is the same reason he was fired elsewhere. He is losing his respect from the community with his temper and threats to his stepsons hockey coaches and anyone else who crosses him. Lets turn the page and let Kruger coach the team and find a solid GM and get this team back whre it should be.
someone has a personal beef with Mr. Clouston. The road record in the last half of the year would indicate to me that the boys didn't shut the coach out. I will say though I'm not a big fan of the way he handles the bench. Doesn't seem to be able to get the match ups he wants and severely over plays certain players. As far as McEwan goes I think the jury is still out on him. This years team still had quite a few Willie players on it while next years will be mostly Brads picking and listing. Trade wise he made out like a bandit with the Bettauer-Tochkin deal, while the Acquisition of Hurley and the trading of Reid Petryk were somewhat curious. Don't think you can fire either one though with a conference final last year and a second round exit this season.

April 13th, 2012, 9:26 pm #7

It's not a union job. I seem to remember some people thinking Hunchak's firing and Lang's firing was unjust too. Hunchak had a 43 win season and got fired. The reason was they felt he ha capped out in what he brought to the table in his aptitude for going to the next level. It was a gut feeling and it was the right one as Moose jaw is now as well coached as the Everett teams and Red Deer Sutter teams were. So, yah....you can fire whoever the hell you want whenever the hell you want to. This isn't a construction job where the owner says 'yah, he built 10 houses, I guess we keep him," There are a trillion things to consider and the Mazers better consider that history is currently repeating itself in Tigerland, as Med Hat turns into the inept McEwen led Broncos when he was there.