Anyone want to know about the top 97 and 98 born talent?

Anyone want to know about the top 97 and 98 born talent?

May 16th, 2011, 5:16 pm #1

Please contact, and I'll direct you.

May 16th, 2011, 5:35 pm #2

Go to your local rink next year and watch some Bantam AAA games. If you are interested in 98's got watch some Bantam AA games or whatever your province has thats similar.

I know this is going to be a shameless plug for a scouting organization so I figured I would give another great way.

There is nothing wrong with these scouting organizations. I just like the good old fashioned way of finding out info. Go watch some hockey. I watch lots of Bantam hockey in my province and had a blast seeing some of the young talent. The more people who watch the games the more information we can exchange on places like this board. It creates good hockey talk for the draft.

May 16th, 2011, 7:07 pm #3

As far as Alberta content go's, you are a very knowledgable person.

If you are around, I'd love to get your opinion on the Calgary Champions Cup that was taking place about 2 weeks ago for the 97 age group.

As far as plugs go, It has nothing to do with that. Just more to offer something to this board that seems to be lacking. However, I'm sure most would rather beat up each other through internet tough guy posting!

May 16th, 2011, 8:03 pm #4

At the risk of damaging my reputation on this board by having a full conversation with Pirate.

I watched 2 periods of the tournament in Calgary. 97 Nationals got hammered. I had to be in Lethbridge for an honour for another sport.

I would love access to more information about more prospects the biggest issue is everyone who is pumping these programs and there is no check or balance for them. Look at the scouting news. This is a scouting organization that puts on the exact words that they get from a coach and thats their report. I am going to tell you if I was a coach writing those reports I have one job.... I am going to make the kid sound like he is the second coming. That organization needs to follow up and compile from many sources but they charge a subscription for information they acquire for free and cut and paste. That is aside from the rumours that one of the employees of that organization has made threats against people at arenas and also the rumours of players getting extra promotion when there parents send a little money over to help the cause. These groups need a watch dog of some type. I could fire up a site tomorrow post my opinions (which I do for free now) and get a couple of coaches e-mails and start charging a subscription. I love watching hockey and I am the first guy to buy THN's prospect review, I even purchased the scouts package one year at macs midget to get as much info as I could, but these sites can make me leary. That isn't to say that all these sites use politics to promote prospects or are not doing a good job, I just think there is a lot of value in going to watch a game for yourself. Go check out a game and start cross referencing it with what you see. The sites are for fan consumption for the most part as I don't think a lot of WHL teams are checking the scouting news or any other sites for their draft rankings. (I use scouting news only because they probably have the worst reputation and I am not intending to insult WEHP from what I have seen WEHP has done ok in its rankings, I would actually have to read a lot of the reports and do a lot of research to know if it was something I would want to pay for.)

May 16th, 2011, 9:17 pm #5

Go to your local rink next year and watch some Bantam AAA games. If you are interested in 98's got watch some Bantam AA games or whatever your province has thats similar.

I know this is going to be a shameless plug for a scouting organization so I figured I would give another great way.

There is nothing wrong with these scouting organizations. I just like the good old fashioned way of finding out info. Go watch some hockey. I watch lots of Bantam hockey in my province and had a blast seeing some of the young talent. The more people who watch the games the more information we can exchange on places like this board. It creates good hockey talk for the draft.
LOTS of good stuff to watch if you know what you're looking for! 

May 16th, 2011, 10:20 pm #6

At the risk of damaging my reputation on this board by having a full conversation with Pirate.

I watched 2 periods of the tournament in Calgary. 97 Nationals got hammered. I had to be in Lethbridge for an honour for another sport.

I would love access to more information about more prospects the biggest issue is everyone who is pumping these programs and there is no check or balance for them. Look at the scouting news. This is a scouting organization that puts on the exact words that they get from a coach and thats their report. I am going to tell you if I was a coach writing those reports I have one job.... I am going to make the kid sound like he is the second coming. That organization needs to follow up and compile from many sources but they charge a subscription for information they acquire for free and cut and paste. That is aside from the rumours that one of the employees of that organization has made threats against people at arenas and also the rumours of players getting extra promotion when there parents send a little money over to help the cause. These groups need a watch dog of some type. I could fire up a site tomorrow post my opinions (which I do for free now) and get a couple of coaches e-mails and start charging a subscription. I love watching hockey and I am the first guy to buy THN's prospect review, I even purchased the scouts package one year at macs midget to get as much info as I could, but these sites can make me leary. That isn't to say that all these sites use politics to promote prospects or are not doing a good job, I just think there is a lot of value in going to watch a game for yourself. Go check out a game and start cross referencing it with what you see. The sites are for fan consumption for the most part as I don't think a lot of WHL teams are checking the scouting news or any other sites for their draft rankings. (I use scouting news only because they probably have the worst reputation and I am not intending to insult WEHP from what I have seen WEHP has done ok in its rankings, I would actually have to read a lot of the reports and do a lot of research to know if it was something I would want to pay for.)
If you however spend 8 months spamming the boards with blades nonsense, hijacking every thread in sight and beating your chest you will indeed get your *** flamed.

-----------

"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair and beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back."

May 17th, 2011, 2:02 am #7

LOTS of good stuff to watch if you know what you're looking for! 
My family are heading out to the west coast this coming weekend.

Are there any family friendly activities in the Okanagan to do? I know about the Penticton waterslides but not sure it is warm enough yet? What else to do along the way for a family with a 6 yr old and a 3 yr old?

May 17th, 2011, 2:11 am #8

It's not hard to find either. Lots of boat rides so you can try to spot the ogo pogo, I believe there's a little flintstones theme park near K-town as well. If you're going that way. BC thrives on the drive through tourist. Believe me you'll not lack for things to amuse the little ones. The last time I drove through BC you could literally stop every 25 minutes and see something/get fleeced.

-----------

"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair and beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back."

May 17th, 2011, 3:30 am #9

Just like no more water slides either. Condos and apartment buildings are much more needed.

May 17th, 2011, 3:49 am #10

My family are heading out to the west coast this coming weekend.

Are there any family friendly activities in the Okanagan to do? I know about the Penticton waterslides but not sure it is warm enough yet? What else to do along the way for a family with a 6 yr old and a 3 yr old?
Hell ya!  I'll work on some things tonight and post it later.  My kids are 11, 8 and 5.  If you don't see it here later, you'll catch it in the morning as I tend to stay up waaayyyy past my bedtime.