Yum Yum choc choc

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

Yum Yum choc choc

October 23rd, 2016, 3:22 pm #1

Whilst reading about the passing of Michael I read with interest about the references to other characters, one being Yum Yum choc ice.
If others already know this may I apologise in advance.
Joe passed away many years ago now in his home in Campsall near Doncaster. His son ( my best mate), Jon Franc go to as many places as we can watching the mighty Yorkshire. Jon used to accompany his dad and sell the ices at Scarbados and Headingley. Mr. Softee, the owners, ( who are/were based in Donny), sent the boys anywhere and everywhere flogging their wares, but his tales of meeting players and their children is legendary.
Jon is rightly very proud of his dad's exploits and the character he was, with his immensely loud voice, with Yum Yum junior able to match his old man, trust me.
Jon has just sent me an old newspaper clip of his dad at Scarbados and if it's ok with him I'll happily try and put it on this sight.
If this only makes one person smile, reminisce or say I remember him, then my work for the day is done.
Regards
Derek
Lincoln.

October 23rd, 2016, 5:47 pm #2

You made me smile D. And your mate is right to be proud of his dad. As I mentioned in Michael's thread Yuumy Yummy Chocolate Ices gets a mention during most home matches.

Please do put the newspaper clip up

October 23rd, 2016, 5:54 pm #3

Re: Yum Yum choc choc

October 23rd, 2016, 5:56 pm #4

For some reason it won't let me post the newspaper clip. Can anyone assist please?

October 23rd, 2016, 6:15 pm #5

You can normally copy and paste articles but it needs to be the full web browser address as this......

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/ ... 62867.html

Cutting and pasting specific bits of the article should work as well.