Yorks v Leeds/Bradford University. (Pre-match Thread)

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

Yorks v Leeds/Bradford University. (Pre-match Thread)

March 31st, 2017, 10:48 am #1

from the OS

Team News

Jack Brooks, Ryan Sidebottom and Liam Plunkett are currently side-lined after picking up injuries on pre-season tour. Brooks is expected to be out for 4-6 weeks with a calf strain and Sidebottom and Plunkett due to be assessed over the next couple of days.

Yorkshire’s 14-man squad to face Leeds Bradford MCCU:

Gary Ballance (Captain), Ed Barnes, Tim Bresnan, Eliot Callis, Ben Coad, Andrew Hodd (Wicketkeeper), Jack Leaning, Alex Lees, Adam Lyth, Steven Patterson, Azeem Rafiq, Josh Shaw, James Wainman, Jared Warner.

I assume Willey & Fisher also must still be un-fit, or surely they would have been in the squad.

March 31st, 2017, 11:57 am #2

With England call-ups and the inevitable injuries that come with an older attack, I'm afraid this is the sort of lineup we may have to trot out in the County Championship.

March 31st, 2017, 1:51 pm #3

from the OS

Team News

Jack Brooks, Ryan Sidebottom and Liam Plunkett are currently side-lined after picking up injuries on pre-season tour. Brooks is expected to be out for 4-6 weeks with a calf strain and Sidebottom and Plunkett due to be assessed over the next couple of days.

Gary Ballance (Captain), Ed Barnes, Tim Bresnan, Eliot Callis, Ben Coad, Andrew Hodd (Wicketkeeper), Jack Leaning, Alex Lees, Adam Lyth, Steven Patterson, Azeem Rafiq, Josh Shaw, James Wainman, Jared Warner.

I assume Willey & Fisher also must still be un-fit, or surely they would have been in the squad.
No Rhodes either?

March 31st, 2017, 2:11 pm #4

from the OS

Team News

Good to see Jared Warner there, even if he doesn't play. Could be the fastest bowler on our books. Possibly.
Bowlers win matches

March 31st, 2017, 3:47 pm #5

from the OS

Team News

The students usually have an old boy out to prove we were wrong to release him, Lee, Lilley etc in recent years.

Anyone in their ranks this time keen to impress?

March 31st, 2017, 4:16 pm #6

from the OS

Team News

Moin Ashraf played for them against Kent and went wicketless. In fact he didn't even bowl in the second innings

March 31st, 2017, 4:54 pm #7

from the OS

Team News

Moin picked up an injury at Kent, not sure how serious it is...here's all the latest on the Leeds Bradford MCCU squad ahead of Yorkshire's game:

http://cricketyorkshire.com/leeds-bradford-mccu/

April 1st, 2017, 8:34 am #8

from the OS

Team News

Cheers John. Let's hope Moin does not follow on from Jsmes Lee when he ripped us apart.

Shame some students seem to think playing for Middlesex stiffs is better than University cricket.