Wisden and other Christmas books

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

Wisden and other Christmas books

December 3rd, 2017, 4:50 pm #1

......on sale for £9.99 at Amazon in Hardback with free delivery. Make a good Christmas pressie!!

The paper back version is £46.38.

Still 1584 pages, so can not understand why the much cheaper price for the hardback version, but not complaining.

December 4th, 2017, 10:24 am #2

Thanks for posting Stu, remarkable price.

December 25th, 2017, 7:14 pm #3

......on sale for £9.99 at Amazon in Hardback with free delivery. Make a good Christmas pressie!!

Still 1584 pages, so can not understand why the much cheaper price for the hardback version, but not complaining.
Thanks to Stu & Father Christmas I'm now the proud owner of a 2017 Wisden. Thanks

December 25th, 2017, 8:20 pm #4

When my wife ordered mine, it was down to just £8. A remarkable price!!

December 25th, 2017, 9:01 pm #5

And me, as well as JB's book; "Connie: The Marvellous Life of Learie Constantine" by Harry Pearson who wrote the brilliant "Slipless in Settle" and "The Trundlers", both of which I'm sure many of you will be familiar with; and various items of YCCC clothing for the new season to suit all weathers. The lass has done well as always!

December 27th, 2017, 10:59 am #6

I got the Jonny Bairstow/Duncan Hamilton book and i'm quite stunned at how good it was. What do they know of cricket who only cricket know. The story is certainly Jonny's - but he was wise to work with such an excellent writer as Hamilton..
I also got a book by our very own Dave Morton which is an excellent read - congratulations Dave..

December 27th, 2017, 11:00 am #7

I got the Jonny Bairstow/Duncan Hamilton book and i'm quite stunned at how good it was. What do they know of cricket who only cricket know. The story is certainly Jonny's - but he was wise to work with such an excellent writer as Hamilton..
I also got a book by our very own Dave Morton which is an excellent read - congratulations Dave..

December 27th, 2017, 11:55 am #8

Agree Steve, I wasn't expecting too much from Jonny's book - as with Joe Root's effort - but it's a great read.

The Stephen Chalke/Geoff Cope collaboration, 'In Sunshine and in Shadow', is even better.

December 27th, 2017, 9:02 pm #9

I also got the JB book although I've yet to start it. The other book I got was 'No Coward Soul' the Stephen Chalk + Derek Hodgson book about Bob Appleyard. I'm around the half way point. An incredible tale, heart- breakingly sad in parts.

Once I've finished I'm be interested in the opinion of WRF members who saw him play or others who have knowledge from reliable sources who did.

December 28th, 2017, 10:38 am #10

I also got the JB/Duncan Hamilton book plus The Final Over by Christopher Sandford & The Coming Storm by Nigel McCrery should keep me going for a while
And Glenn McGrath dismissed for 2 just 98 runs short of his century.
Richie Benaud