we need to strengthen the batting , but who

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

September 24th, 2016, 8:50 am #21

Sam Northeast to replace Gale and Sam Billings to replace Hodd.

September 24th, 2016, 9:11 am #22

I have considered Sam Northeast, but he is Kent through and through. As captain I don't think he would leave them.

September 24th, 2016, 9:49 am #23

Not in any of the England performance squads over the winter, so maybe he might feel he needs a move to be noticed?
Call for TKC..

September 24th, 2016, 10:20 am #24

It's no good coming up with all these names. If players haven't expressed a wish to leave their current counties then this is just a futile exercise.

September 24th, 2016, 10:49 am #25

A futile exercise has been defending Gale all season. Hoping he'll leave the club mainly because he's let his team down, never mind everyone else. When speaking about signing players we need to factor in all formats so its pretty clear who needs replacing.

September 24th, 2016, 11:10 am #26

"A futile exercise has been defending Gale all season. Hoping he'll leave the club mainly because he's let his team down."

I can't begin to understand that statement. Letting someone down to me means that someone has done something wrong where they could have taken an alternative (and better) course of action.

Gale has been out of form. He has not been out of form on purpose. He has made it clear that he would drop out of the team if there were obvious replacements, and has done so in the past.

It is perfectly reasonable to argue that Gale should step down as captain, retire completely as he is never going to regain form etc. I just don't understand what he has done wrong, and how this constitutes letting the team down.

September 24th, 2016, 11:19 am #27

Gale has let anybody down. Honestly, some of the posts recently.........

Yes we can give opinions, that's chestnuts all about, but sometimes it goes to far. Gale has been a great captain for us and deserves respect. No he has not played well for us this season, and being the decent bloke he is, will be only too well aware of this

September 24th, 2016, 11:23 am #28

"Gale has let everybody down"

I know we're supposed to respect all opinions in here but are we really not letting posts like that go unchallenged? Disrespectful rubbish.

September 24th, 2016, 11:23 am #29

Gale has let anybody down. Honestly, some of the posts recently.........

Yes we can give opinions, that's chestnuts all about, but sometimes it goes to far. Gale has been a great captain for us and deserves respect. No he has not played well for us this season, and being the decent bloke he is, will be only too well aware of this
Tongue firmly in cheek:)......I am sure many Lancs fans would pay Yorkshire to take Karl "The Cat" Brown off our hands.

Averaging just over 19 in 10 games this season, he has used up the 9th of his 9 lives (maybe more)...could he replace Gale in the order?

September 24th, 2016, 11:41 am #30

Gale has a responsibility to score runs, we can't moan about losing Bairstow just so he can carry our captain. Brooks, Bresnan, Sidebottom and Patterson are the ones who need supporting with players who can do their job.