Tom Kohler-Cadmore

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

Tom Kohler-Cadmore

June 8th, 2017, 12:13 pm #1

"The Club is delighted to confirm the signing of Tom Kohler-Cadore on a three-year deal with immediate effect"

So he's available this season?

June 8th, 2017, 12:14 pm #2

Clearly.

June 8th, 2017, 12:17 pm #3

"The Club is delighted to confirm the signing of Tom Kohler-Cadore on a three-year deal with immediate effect"

Get in. T20 chances on the up.
Call for TKC..

June 8th, 2017, 12:21 pm #4

Unavailable to play against Worcs in 2017. This seems to be the only caveat.

June 8th, 2017, 12:27 pm #5

Seems the sensible option to me if Worcs felt unable to play him for the rest of the season.
I can not remember many cricketers who have moved counties mid season before.

June 8th, 2017, 12:29 pm #6

So I guess he'll play on Tuesday instead of Lees, but if we win Lees will have to come back in for the Worcestershire game

Does this mean perhaps we're not bringing in another overseas for T20, because it's hard to see how we'd accommodate them. At the moment I'd say we could perhaps play:

Willey
Lyth
TKC
Handscomb
Ballance
Leaning
Bresnan
Waite
Plunkett
Rashid
Rafiq

Cold or Fisher could play 4th seamer instead of Waite, but regardless that's a scarily strong looking team. Would another overseas really be necessary? And who would drop out for the few occasions we have Barstow and Root available

June 8th, 2017, 12:46 pm #7

cant play tuesday. he is cup tied.

June 8th, 2017, 12:58 pm #8

I'd assume our overseas budget has just been spent.

I'm happy enough without a 2nd overseas player for T20 - the team above looks good and I assume we'll get a game or so from Root and JB.

June 8th, 2017, 12:59 pm #9

Oh yeah of course forgot about that!

Perhaps hard to see him playing for us before T20 starts, but he'll become a vital player from then on. For a start, if Ballance goes with England when tests start, you'd think he'd come straight in

June 8th, 2017, 1:39 pm #10

The bbc story is here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40199950

Will be very interesting to see how he does. This is as much a signing on potential (and maybe very recent performance) but not on track record you would have to say. I think we all agree that he offers a lot in the short form, but in the longer form, his record is average to date (Lees was streets ahead of him at the same age, and has a much better career average) - Leaning is a similar age I think, and has similar stats. Time will tell but good luck to him.

I agree - he is as good as an overseas signing for the T20 comp