Time for Coaching set up to go?

27 Sep 2017, 20:45 #11

It's the end of a disappointing season now. Your thoughts on what we do for next season and beyond?
Sid -- There was a report on the OS a couple of days ago stating he was "rested".

27 Sep 2017, 20:49 #12

It's the end of a disappointing season now. Your thoughts on what we do for next season and beyond?
Rested??? Its the final game, do they think we're idiots. If he was injured say so, if he was dropped say so - they're the only two options.

27 Sep 2017, 20:55 #13

He was dropped.

'On Yorkshire's selection for this match, Gale said: "A spinner has to play and Brez hasn't performed to the best of his ability this year. He knows that. Matthew Fisher came in last week and looked the part with both bat and ball'.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/cricke ... ne_safety/
My darling Maxi

27 Sep 2017, 21:00 #14

Idle Man's perspective on this issue, seems to me the most sensible.

I'm not inclined toward knee jerk responses to disappointment. There needs to be a period of reflection. None of us can be party to the precise dynamics troubling the dressing room and the management team.

It's likely that events will supersede my initial response, which is to give the management team time to show whether or not they're capable of getting us out of the mess they got us into.

I worry that there'll be departures from the squad we can ill afford. A winter of discontent may well be in the offing.

27 Sep 2017, 22:06 #15

I think today's debacle is probably the straw that broke the camels back. I can't see how they can recover from this seasons poor showing. As others have alluded to i thinks it's clear he's either lost the dressing room or never had it. None of the senior players put in any effort today or during the match with the bat really.

I do think he's been badly let down by the senior players none have had a mediocre season let alone good 1 (excluding ballance till July)

I think some of the playing staff will move on as well and tbh I don't think it would be a bad thing. A few new faces wouldn't go amiss either.

I think a lot of players are either past their best or have gone stale

2/3 minimum to come in to the 11 would be great

28 Sep 2017, 06:23 #16

I do have insight into this dressing room, but for obvious reasons its not really fair to share the detail of that. On Dizzy, it was time to go, his life needed to be elsewhere and his impact as a coach was suffering because of that.

A big part of Dizzy's success stemmed from two things, his ability to relate to every single player and the fact that he had 'been there and done it'. He therefore had the total respect of the team. This season, some key players have been marginalised, some obvious, some not so obvious and this has split the dressing room.

The first thing a coach must do is lead people and get the best out of them. This hasn't happened this year and won't happen next year with the current coaching set up, regardless of which players stay or go.

28 Sep 2017, 06:57 #17

I'd agree with Reg without the inside info.

Clearly Lees is unhappy, Brooks supposedly storming off and if I was Willey I'd wonder why I ever came to Yorkshire at all as he's never been given a four day go at all. Surely he'd be better then some we have tried?

With Siddy retiring the team lack a talisman or inspirational figure although bresnan may have fulfilled this role if his form had not deserted him. A good coach has to know what approach works for the different players in his squad. Trying to change six others is harder than trying to adopt alternative approaches yourself yet Gale appears to only have one way, his way.

The team need leadership and stability and the international call ups, overseas rotations haven't helped. In the late 60s we had about ten who could skipper the team but the team didn't really need a skipper as everyone knew their job. Now we appear clueless

28 Sep 2017, 07:06 #18

Does anybody think anything will change though?? Will moxon and gale go??

Will there be an overhaul of the playing staff?? (Both incoming and outgoing)

Who would people want signed/replaced?? Both domestically and overseas

More importantly if the coaching staff go who would be the right replacements??

well spotted on the spelling mistake EastYorkshireTyke

28 Sep 2017, 07:09 #19

If you were playing elsewhere why would you look to join Yorkshire at the moment?

No certainty over the coach being here at the start of the season, a team lacking form and confidence and you get messed about with half the team coming and going at the whim of the ecb.

Far more relaxing to stay in div 2.

28 Sep 2017, 08:14 #20

Sorry Idle Man but do not think I have said that there should not be a debate about the current state of affairs or the future of our great Club. Of course, other posters have different opinions to mine about management, coach, captaincy issues - that is heathy!
However, I think most supporters will be feeling this season just has not been good enough and improvement is urgently needed. Things cannot simply put to bed for the Winter for us to find that nothing has changed and next season will start like this one did.