T20 squad/team

02 Jul 2017, 11:18 #11

Looks like Ballance out for all our t20 matches, but Rash & Plunkett available.

Our first match is next Friday

Team?

KC, Willey, Lyth, Hanscomb, Marsh, Leaning, Plunkett, Bresnan, Rashid, Rafiq, Fisher.
Hodd a number 11 in t20.
My darling Maxi

02 Jul 2017, 11:41 #12

Team?

KC, Willey, Lyth, Hanscomb, Marsh, Leaning, Plunkett, Bresnan, Rashid, Rafiq, Fisher.
The OPs starting XI is Yorkshire's strongest line up since 2012, possibly in the history of T20. Plenty of firepower and bowling options.

Unlike in previous years, Yorkshire will not have to worry about losing players to England because the white ball bowlers won't be on international duty until mid-september. Gone are the days where a makeshift number 3 in Hodgson or Rashid is fielded to balance the line up.

Playing two spinners of Rashid and Rafiq has been one of Yorkshire's key successes in the shortest format, particularly that the latter has a knack of picking up middle over wickets against well set batsmen. Not sure how Hodd can fit in the T20 team without devaluing batting strength or bowling options.
No Pyrah, no party

02 Jul 2017, 13:15 #13

Team?

Because playing two spinners without a proper keeper devalues the team too

02 Jul 2017, 13:37 #14

Team?

I think it's unfair to suggest Handscomb isn't decent, his keeping skills probably aren't up to Hodds but he has more experience in t20 at a higher level and the improvement in batting far outweighs anything lacked in keeping.

02 Jul 2017, 16:34 #15

Team?

I like Stu's original team.

Whenever I've watched them in white ball cricket Rafiq and Rashid together just seem to get wickets.

With Handscombe available I can't see any way Hodd could get anywhere near the side.

02 Jul 2017, 22:05 #16

Team?

I also agree with Stu's team. As others have said, I think Marsh should bat 3 as probably the best and certainly most experienced T20 batsman; my top 4 would probably be Willey, Lyth, Marsh, Kohler-Cadmore. Our side looks much stronger this year with the three England lads available along with two overseas players and the addition of Kohler-Cadmore; in previous years we always seem to have been relying on batsmen unsuited to the format like Hodd or Lees at the top of the order, inexperienced death bowlers etc etc, but this year we seem to have most bases covered. And of course we'll play two spinners, as does practically every side in white ball cricket these days.

04 Jul 2017, 10:24 #17

Team?

Looks like Willey opened the batting last night against a Bradford league xi, Marsh in at 3 who scored 91 and Brook 57 in a 70 odd run win

04 Jul 2017, 10:25 #18

Team?

Rhodes not Brook.

Willey 4-19 in their inns too.
My darling Maxi

04 Jul 2017, 11:12 #19

Team?

Sorry, Rhodes yes. Fisher batted at 7 so I wonder if that's an indication he plays on Friday ahead of Waite?

05 Jul 2017, 16:50 #20

Team?

Thought Stu's team at the top of the page was too good to be true. Plunkett's injury weakens us significantly.