T20 Blast | Nottinghamshire vs Yorkshire at Trent Bridge (Match Thread)

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

T20 Blast | Nottinghamshire vs Yorkshire at Trent Bridge (Match Thread)

July 30th, 2017, 1:55 am #1

Jul 30, 2017 - North Group at Trent Bridge, Nottingham

YORKSHIRE from: Tim Bresnan(capt), Karl Carver, Matthew Fisher, Peter Handscomb (wkt, Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Jack Leaning, Adam Lyth, Shaun Marsh, Steven Patterson, Liam Plunkett, Azeem Rafiq, Adil Rashid, James Wainman, David Willey.

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Trent Bridge Weather

July 30th, 2017, 7:07 am #2

Doesn't look too bad a forecast, might be playing in the rain a bit, as long as we miss any showers of biblical proportions of course.

Full strength team available, I presume it will be Fisher rather than Patterson who will stand aside for Plunkett.

It would be nice to see Handscombe leaving with a bang and a decent innings from TKC wouldn't go amiss.

July 30th, 2017, 10:25 am #3

YORKSHIRE from: Tim Bresnan(capt), Karl Carver, Matthew Fisher, Peter Handscomb (wkt, Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Jack Leaning, Adam Lyth, Shaun Marsh, Steven Patterson, Liam Plunkett, Azeem Rafiq, Adil Rashid, James Wainman, David Willey.

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Trent Bridge Weather
Really want a win here to give me bragging rights in my local.
And Glenn McGrath dismissed for 2 just 98 runs short of his century.
Richie Benaud

July 30th, 2017, 10:28 am #4

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Trent Bridge Weather
Agree with Geoff's team and also his comments: the batting so far has been far too reliant on Willey, with even the early runs from Lyth and Marsh drying up in recent games, so more of a contribution from those two and especially the very disappointing thus far Kohler-Cadmore and Handscomb would be very welcome.

Notts seem to finding some form with three wins in their last four- I don't think we'll have this all our own way as we did at Headingley...

July 30th, 2017, 1:05 pm #5

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Trent Bridge Weather
Really is time for TKC to make a decent contribution with the bat

July 30th, 2017, 1:23 pm #6

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Trent Bridge Weather
They win the toss and field. Very strange!!

Previously this season, we have won every game when we have batted first, and lost on the one occasion we have batted second. They appear to be playing to our strengths.

July 30th, 2017, 1:27 pm #7

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Trent Bridge Weather
Good to see Plunkett back to strengthen us further. It's credit to the team for their performances so far that I haven't noticed his absence, apart from the one match at Chesterfield when he could have made the difference in a tight game.

Notts do like to chase and there is rain around so no real surprise that they're fielding. Both teams happy.

July 30th, 2017, 1:56 pm #8

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Trent Bridge Weather
Notts didn't do their homework, do not let Yorkshire bat first
I could be wrong, I could be right

July 30th, 2017, 1:59 pm #9

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Trent Bridge Weather
Yeah, that's pretty much what I had in mind from those two- well played both! Let's hope Adam can carry on...

July 30th, 2017, 2:26 pm #10

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Trent Bridge Weather
Just for once Willey didn't come off but, by heck, the others (including the Aussies) seem to be having a bit of fun!
I could be wrong, I could be right