Sharjah T10

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

Sharjah T10

December 18th, 2017, 9:41 pm #1

Well done to Liam Plunkett who was on the winning side and hopefully pockets a nice wedge. Don't think TKC or Adil Rashid got a game for their respective sides but I suppose they got a nice all expenses paid trip to the UAE and also pocketed a few bob.

Atmosphere a bit like a Rugby 7's tournament, there were 4 matches a day and the competition lasted for 3 days I think.

Eoin Morgan was talking the idea up as ideal for the Olympics, well he would wouldn't he.

I tried to watch a bit but it was garbage quite frankly.

I also worry that it's so instantly forgettable and frenetic that if any spot fixing is going on nobody would notice it.

December 19th, 2017, 8:09 am #2

Did the tournament include a baseball team from the USA⚾️

December 19th, 2017, 9:20 am #3

Well done to Liam Plunkett who was on the winning side and hopefully pockets a nice wedge. Don't think TKC or Adil Rashid got a game for their respective sides but I suppose they got a nice all expenses paid trip to the UAE and also pocketed a few bob.

Atmosphere a bit like a Rugby 7's tournament, there were 4 matches a day and the competition lasted for 3 days I think.

Eoin Morgan was talking the idea up as ideal for the Olympics, well he would wouldn't he.

I also worry that it's so instantly forgettable and frenetic that if any spot fixing is going on nobody would notice it.
I think Major League Baseball players earn enough money during the season to take their 2 or 3 months off and enjoy themselves properly.

December 19th, 2017, 9:35 am #4

It strikes me that if we really have to have a new competition with new teams and franchises, this nonsense might be a better bet than the other nonsense as proposed. It has two advantages; firstly it would genuinely be something different, and might therefore attract a different audience. Whatever the authorities say about the new t20 it won't be anything very new. Secondly, and above all, it can be over and done with quickly. In the end of course, it will all depend on the wishes of the undead at the TV companies.