Second eleven at Harrogate

Second eleven at Harrogate

29 Aug 2017, 15:33 #1

Went today for the morning session, didn't start till 11.30 due to overnight rain. A very strong Yorkshire side

TCK
Tattersall
Lees
Leaning
Rhodes
Bres
Hodd
Plunkett
Rafiq
Coad
Sidy

When I left we were 94-0. TKC dealing in boundaries, with quite a few through or over the slips, along with some lovely cover drives

29 Aug 2017, 15:37 #2

Quite a lot turned up for the "naughty boys" nets then!! Nearly all the first team!

29 Aug 2017, 18:09 #3

Went today for the morning session, didn't start till 11.30 due to overnight rain. A very strong Yorkshire side

TCK
Tattersall
Lees
Leaning
Rhodes
Bres
Hodd
Plunkett
Rafiq
Coad
Sidy

When I left we were 94-0. TKC dealing in boundaries, with quite a few through or over the slips, along with some lovely cover drives
Another example of the impact of the first team pressures and mismanagement. Players scoring runs with the seconds where they are at ease.
Lees batting at 3 is a surprise, but yet again he has gone and shown his class. Will he be selected for the firsts?

TKC scoring freely, and playing as he likes to play.

Let's see how the bowlers perform.

Do they really need a psychologist or just a change of management?!

29 Aug 2017, 20:32 #4

TCK
Tattersall
Lees
Leaning
Rhodes
Bres
Hodd
Plunkett
Rafiq
Coad
Sidy

Apart from Tattersall it is a first XI line up. Aren't there any rules about this? Derbyshire must be p--ed off (or flattered).

29 Aug 2017, 21:12 #5

TCK
Tattersall
Lees
Leaning
Rhodes
Bres
Hodd
Plunkett
Rafiq
Coad
Sidy

It's only a friendly. It's a perfect chance for our firsts to get some match practise.
The result doesn't affect anything.

29 Aug 2017, 21:51 #6

TCK
Tattersall
Lees
Leaning
Rhodes
Bres
Hodd
Plunkett
Rafiq
Coad
Sidy

Lancashire & Durham both fielded similar sides in their recent 2nd XI game. As I see it, a 2nd XI has three functions: to provide practice for out of form and returning from injury 1st XI players; to provide a pool of in-form talent that can step up to the 1st XI; and as a development team for young players.

Under the circumstances of no red=ball cricket for a month, the third function has had to be put on hold. What choice do we have? Only three of the Harrogate team have been T20 regulars.

Under 19 Roses match at Honley tomorrow & Thursday will provide cricket for some of those development players.
Bowlers win matches

30 Aug 2017, 07:51 #7

TCK
Tattersall
Lees
Leaning
Rhodes
Bres
Hodd
Plunkett
Rafiq
Coad
Sidy

As Matthew Fisher and Harry Brook are not in the second XI, they are likely to be included in the under 19 squad.
Additionally there is an under 16 game at Pudsey Congs on Thursday, where some of the youngest players will be able to showcase their skills.

30 Aug 2017, 08:05 #8

TCK
Tattersall
Lees
Leaning
Rhodes
Bres
Hodd
Plunkett
Rafiq
Coad
Sidy

Just about to set off for St Georges Rd.

Why do we continue to play Will Rhodes rather than say Fisher or Barnes when Will is leaving for Warks? Surely at this stage of the season we need to play 'our' boys to help then develop, or make informed judgements about their futures, especially when in this game they'd be working with established first team players?

30 Aug 2017, 08:48 #9

TCK
Tattersall
Lees
Leaning
Rhodes
Bres
Hodd
Plunkett
Rafiq
Coad
Sidy

Scorecard

https://www.totalcricketscorer.com/TCSL ... x?id=62988

30 Aug 2017, 08:57 #10

TCK
Tattersall
Lees
Leaning
Rhodes
Bres
Hodd
Plunkett
Rafiq
Coad
Sidy

Lees still destroying Second XI Cricket then. From the scorecard alone looks like batting is still hard work for Leaning, not much rotation of the strike there.
My darling Maxi