RLODC Yorks v Northants pre-match thread

RLODC Yorks v Northants pre-match thread

09 May 2017, 14:39 #1

No squad news yet, but I assume the ECB 5 are back, and Lees, Leaning, Rafiq, Carver & Fisher drop out.

Team

Lyth
Bairstow
Root
Hanscombe
Ballance
Waite
Bresnan
Plunkett
Rashid
Willey
Coad

6 to 10 in any order depending on whether we need the "hitters" or the "nurdlers" in.

EDIT ----- Whoops!! - another posting on another thread and no Bresnan.

09 May 2017, 14:42 #2

13 man squad and Bresnan dropped/rested, anyone know which it is

09 May 2017, 14:42 #3

No squad news yet, but I assume the ECB 5 are back, and Lees, Leaning, Rafiq, Carver & Fisher drop out.

Team

Lyth
Bairstow
Root
Hanscombe
Ballance
Waite
Bresnan
Plunkett
Rashid
Willey
Coad

6 to 10 in any order depending on whether we need the "hitters" or the "nurdlers" in.

Lyth
Bairstow
Root
Handscomb
Ballance
Rashid
Waite
Plunkett
Willey
Fisher
Coad.

Leaning
Rafiq to miss out for me.

Bresnan probably 'rested'. Waite deserves to be ahead of him on current form.

My darling Maxi

09 May 2017, 14:45 #4

Team

Lyth
Bairstow
Root
Hanscombe
Ballance
Waite
Bresnan
Plunkett
Rashid
Willey
Coad

I don't think Bresnan will have been dropped more squad rotation to use a modern phrase.

09 May 2017, 15:25 #5

Team

Lyth
Bairstow
Root
Hanscombe
Ballance
Waite
Bresnan
Plunkett
Rashid
Willey
Coad

Northants Squad: Azharullah, Buck, Cobb, Crook, Duckett, Gleeson, Holden, Kleinveldt, Levi, Rossington+, Newton, Sanderson, Wakely*, White, Zaib.

09 May 2017, 15:47 #6

Team

Lyth
Bairstow
Root
Hanscombe
Ballance
Waite
Bresnan
Plunkett
Rashid
Willey
Coad

Still not too sure whether I'm going to this game what with it been a day/night fixture. It's going to mean not getting back home till very late. Alternative fixture is Derbyshire v Warwickshire just 10 minutes from home. Decisions, decisions.

09 May 2017, 16:20 #7

Team

Lyth
Bairstow
Root
Hanscombe
Ballance
Waite
Bresnan
Plunkett
Rashid
Willey
Coad

I'm going to the seconds at Harrogate. Haven't been to that ground since the 1970s -- and, shamefully, have never been to a Second XI game. Really looking forward to it.

09 May 2017, 16:37 #8

Team

Lyth
Bairstow
Root
Hanscombe
Ballance
Waite
Bresnan
Plunkett
Rashid
Willey
Coad

Is Tim Bresnan injured? I can't see us dropping/resting him

09 May 2017, 20:23 #9

Team

Lyth
Bairstow
Root
Hanscombe
Ballance
Waite
Bresnan
Plunkett
Rashid
Willey
Coad

At the Durham game I thought Bresnan was limping slightly, looked like a problem with his left ankle.
So with Willey & Plunkett back it makes sense to give him a couple of games off.
Plus Coad probably deserves to retain his spot, Waite too. We'll need both of them when we lose players to England & the Lions.

09 May 2017, 20:47 #10

Team

Lyth
Bairstow
Root
Hanscombe
Ballance
Waite
Bresnan
Plunkett
Rashid
Willey
Coad

I'd go with

Lyth
Bairstow
Root
Handscomb
Ballance
Rashid
Willey
Fisher
Rafiq
Plunkett
Waite

Weather looks good.

They have some serious big hitters but our bowlers should be too much for them, I hope.