Richard Hutton..?

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

March 16th, 2017, 7:03 pm #21

Judging by the postings on this forum (with no one apparantly in favour), it does seem to be a crass recommendation made by our Board. Lets see how many of the members are in favour when the votes are cast.

March 16th, 2017, 7:56 pm #22

They certainly like shooting themselves in the foot.

This is a totally unnecessary and divisive recommendation.

I know Dickie isn't every ones cup of tea, but I still believe he should have been asked to step in as acting president for this year.

The board would then have had breathing space to make soundings prior to making a recommendation for president in 2018.

March 16th, 2017, 8:36 pm #23

To all those saying they can't get there for 9am: you have a proxy voting form to use (but only if you vote against Hutton of course!)

March 16th, 2017, 8:59 pm #24

AGM info: has everyone received their pack? I've had the accounts etc but no voting forms for the president.

I can't attend but something needs to be said about the future of 'county' cricket. Its in danger of being destroyed. We must fight back.

March 17th, 2017, 11:51 am #25

The members packs & vouchers etc were supposed to be sent out this week, as we need the year book voucher to get the yearbook tomorrow at the discounted price. I believe, the EGM details when we have the chance to vote or not for the new President will also be sent out with them. I have recd neither and today is the last day as our post never arrives before mid-afternoon. I was hoping to pick up my yearbook tomorrow, but maybe not if the members packs do not arrive.

I will be attending tomorrow and hopefully something will be said by someone about the future of CC, which is being destroyed with YCCC seeming to be implicit in it`s demise.

There could be several EGM`s called or just one with these items on the agenda.

Electing the new President. (9am 7/4)

Breaking our own debt rules if we go over £25m borrowing to finance the new stand. (??)

Franchise T20 acceptance or not. (??)

All 3 items surely must be put to the members for approval.

March 17th, 2017, 12:47 pm #26

I got my pack yesterday. EGM for the President vote is 7 April at 9 am.

Members guide also has a note about parking being more difficult when the Construction work on the main stands starts, so they seem to be pushing ahead, on paper anyway.

Mind you I question whether they know what they are doing.

The covering letter clearly states existing members will be able to use last years card to gain entry, while stuck on the bottom of the letter is a brand new membership card!

March 17th, 2017, 1:21 pm #27

My pack didn't include a new membership card. Am I the only one?

March 17th, 2017, 1:45 pm #28

Mine neither.

March 17th, 2017, 2:22 pm #29

GeoffB

It stated on the AGM letter that last years cards could be used again this year, so Geoff you may have two memberships for the price of one!! Try them both,or ring the club to clarify.

Just got my pack for next season and no new card for me either.

Two less matches (4 days less cricket) and no free scorecards this year for the same price, but the club will insist, no doubt, that there was no price increase this year!!

March 17th, 2017, 4:42 pm #30

Can anyone share this experience - a Members' Guide that has page 2 followed by page 33, then page 34 and then page 5 - - so of course at the back of the booklet, page 32 is followed by page 3, then page 4, then page 35?