Richard Hutton..?

16 Mar 2017, 13:23 #11

From todays "Press".

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/cricke ... t/?ref=mac

An EGM to approve or not will be held at 9am on Friday April 7th. That is a certain way of ensuring no one attends. Why not 10 or 10.30, immediately before the match starts!! How long does it take for one motion and one vote to be passed?

16 Mar 2017, 13:24 #12

I was recently standing in line behind Richard Hutton in Wetherby Post Office. Whether he has a second home in the area I couldn't say.

Handy for cosy, late-night chats with GB, who lives in Boston Spa a couple of miles up the road! Perhaps another local, Mr Moxon, could mediate.
Can i suggest Arnie Sidebottom as future President..?
Or Richard Stemp..?

16 Mar 2017, 14:24 #13

I intend to vote 'no'.

Can anyone present a reason why he deserves this honour based on what he's done for the club in the last 40 years? If his surname wasn't Hutton there's no way he'd be in the running.

An alternative, in recognition of his part in the greatest last wicket match winning stand for the county I nominate Mark Johnson. Coping marvellously with the pressure of a must win B&H zonal game in front of one man and a dog at Derby he added 100+ for the 10th wicket with Bairstow sr. From memory I think Mark made 2*. David would be the nominee but with his awful loss, the occasion can be remembered and celebrated by the elevation of Mark.

Ian Swallow as a back up?

16 Mar 2017, 14:58 #14

There are times when I think that Yorkshire are just trying to wind up members. Hutton Jnr will just antagonise half of the membership. Geoff Cope (who I sadly forgot) is the obvious candidate as he's an ex- player and an an ex-coach who is well regarded by the majority of the membership.

16 Mar 2017, 16:04 #15

I'm afraid I am in the camp of those against this nomination. Firstly he has offered little to the county to my knowledge since he retired as a player. Second I think there are several better alternatives with Geoff Cope an outstanding candidate. Third he committed heresy when he allowed his son to play for Middlesex

16 Mar 2017, 16:24 #16

It's a terribly uninspired choice for all the reasons already mentioned. I will be there at 9am on the 7th and will vote against.

16 Mar 2017, 16:28 #17

Can we nominate Geoff Copes guide dog instead? It's attended more matches in the last 20 years I suspect and knows it's way around the ground better then anyone.

16 Mar 2017, 16:30 #18

It's a terribly uninspired choice for all the reasons already mentioned. I will be there at 9am on the 7th and will vote against.
I would also vote against it, but doubtful I will be here at 9am on the 7th, unless I set off at about 7am from York. A stupid time to have the meeting. No doubt done to make sure not enough members are there to vote against it.

16 Mar 2017, 17:23 #19

Even though I shall be returning from Germany on 6th and have to get up at 5 in the morning to get to Leeds by 9 am I shall do my d--dest to be there to vote against.

I remember him looking down his nose at me when I asked for his autograph as a small boy at Bradford Park Avenue. "Toffee-nosed g-t" I thought at the time. No reason to have changed opinion in the meantime, I shall relish the chance to vote in revenge.

Geoff Cope may have been asked and turned it down, but he would certainly have been a better choice.

16 Mar 2017, 18:44 #20

"An alternative, n recognition of his part in the greatest last wicket match winning stand for the county I nominate Mark Johnson. Coping marvellously with the pressure of a must win B&H zonal game in front of one man and a dog at Derby he added 100+ for the 10th wicket with Bairstow sr. From memory I think Colin made 2*. David would be the nominee but with his awful loss, the occasion can be remembered and celebrated by the elevation of Colin."

There was also my wife, myself and our two week old daughter at that game.

Colin Tunnicliffe's name was on the MOTM cheque but was crossed out and replaced with Bluey's.

It was also the afternoon that play was halted for a ruling from Lord's when Chris Old was given out but pointed out that it was a no ball due to there not being enough fielders in the circle.Umpire Dickie was in a right state but justice was eventually done and Chilly 'reinstated'.

As for Hutton, no thanks, not at all suitable and, from reading much of the above, confirms my suspicions that he is not respected enough, due entirely to his own actions, to head up YCCC.