Reasons to be cheerful

Reasons to be cheerful

14 Sep 2017, 19:02 #1

Amidst all the entirely justified gloom I was thinking about the moments of this championship season that have given me pleasure. Two come to mind - Ben Coad's bowling on the first evening at Headingley against Hampshire back in April, and Gary Ballance finding his form in the same month.

What do others look back on with positive memories from 2017?

14 Sep 2017, 19:26 #2

The decimation of Lancs in three days at Headingley. For those three days in early June the Yorkshire of the Gillespie years made a rare appearance.

14 Sep 2017, 19:34 #3

Amidst all the entirely justified gloom I was thinking about the moments of this championship season that have given me pleasure. Two come to mind - Ben Coad's bowling on the first evening at Headingley against Hampshire back in April, and Gary Ballance finding his form in the same month.

That's reminded me of one more - the elation of winning at Taunton by 3 runs

14 Sep 2017, 19:36 #4

The t20 home roses win.

Lyth t20 ton

Brooks century!

14 Sep 2017, 19:49 #5

17 April, Edgbaston:
Warwickshire 2nd innings: 7 for 5.

Yorkshire (381) beat Warwickshire (178 & 115) by an innings and 88 runs.

14 Sep 2017, 21:50 #6

Last day at Taunton. An extraordinary win - you remember wins? Seems even more significant now, we'd be down without it.

14 Sep 2017, 21:59 #7

Yes 32 point turn-round, without that win.

15 Sep 2017, 00:07 #8

The Pork Pie Shop on North Marine Road and the North Bay Chippy but the top dog is Jeremy`s, if you can afford to watch Yorkshire, treat yourself to Jeremy's.

15 Sep 2017, 08:01 #9

Good call...

15 Sep 2017, 09:14 #10

I don't know Jeremy's...what is it, where is it?

One thing I have newly discovered, is that the corner shop just across the road from the Hutton Gates does the most delicious samosas; 60p each!

My favourite memory has to be the Taunton win, and the first innings contest between Trescothick and Sidebottom was the best bit of cricket I've seen for years. Also Ben Coad's bowling at Edgbaston and the Jack Brooks century at Old Trafford.