Plunkett

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

Plunkett

September 17th, 2017, 8:41 pm #1

Seems he wants to be a hired "gun" in world T20s after being overlooked by England (and Yorks?) in red ball cricket. Source is Daily Express via a news feed I was looking at so he may also be looking for Princess Di's murderer in a 3 month record snowstorm!

September 17th, 2017, 8:56 pm #2

They may have picked this idea up from the commentary on Sky sports last night.

Think it was Rob Key who was speculating that Plunkett, at 32 and possibly close to the end of his England days, might be a prime candidate to do a Tymal Mills and cash in on his T20 bowling.

Not the most outrageous idea in the world.

He's still good value though for England and he might think he can hold on until the 2019 world cup in ODI's.

We shall see what we shall see.

September 17th, 2017, 9:39 pm #3

Seems he wants to be a hired "gun" in world T20s after being overlooked by England (and Yorks?) in red ball cricket. Source is Daily Express via a news feed I was looking at so he may also be looking for Princess Di's murderer in a 3 month record snowstorm!
This is the article

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/cricket/ ... I-Big-Bash

September 18th, 2017, 7:55 am #4

With England call ups and early season niggles, I'm not sure Plunkett has been overlooked all that many times in red ball cricket this season?

September 18th, 2017, 8:01 am #5

With the money on offer and less workload for the players its not surprising we will see a bit slow flow of players being T20 mercenaries.

September 18th, 2017, 8:11 am #6

Yes, I understand he has also found a cure for arthritis.

September 18th, 2017, 10:54 am #7

Liam has been picked for every red ball match he has been available for. The rest of the time he has been injured or away playing for England.

September 18th, 2017, 12:42 pm #8

Bit disappointing but hardly surprising. However how much impact would this have on Yorkshire?

With an IPL contract unlikely, the only league clashing with our season is the CPL.

September 18th, 2017, 2:33 pm #9

....and he has only started in two CC matches for us this season, and one of them he did not finish due to injury.

September 18th, 2017, 5:17 pm #10

Sorry but I can't understand this 'We have to allow them to earn money in the IPL'. For those who are working try asking your boss for 6-8 off so you can work elsewhere. We all know you'd be told to get working or leave (polite version). Crickets have signed a contract to play for X for y £s. So they should honour said contact or leave,after paying an amount to leave