Other Matches (Week 2)

Other Matches (Week 2)

14 Apr 2017, 10:01 #1

Some interesting games today - Durham v Notts should be quite good, and I shall be spending the next few days working out how both Middlesex and Hampshire can lose their match.

On a side note, Ben Sanderson has managed to get himself an astonishing average for Northants - more than ample compensation for Willey, I reckon.

14 Apr 2017, 10:14 #2

In division one I expect Surrey, Middlesex and Somerset all to win convincingly this weekend. Perhaps all within three days.

14 Apr 2017, 12:37 #3

Some interesting games today - Durham v Notts should be quite good, and I shall be spending the next few days working out how both Middlesex and Hampshire can lose their match.

On a side note, Ben Sanderson has managed to get himself an astonishing average for Northants - more than ample compensation for Willey, I reckon.
Another poor performance by Glamorgan.

14 Apr 2017, 15:04 #4

Lancs playing four players today who have played test cricket for a team other than England.

A few others have three and last week of course Hampshire had four without any of them being the official overseas player.

Bonkers

14 Apr 2017, 16:24 #5

Must admit I scoffed at Lancs signing Chanderpaul but it looks like he still doesn't like getting out.

16 Apr 2017, 15:39 #6

Good starts for the two relegation favourites in Hants & Essex.

16 Apr 2017, 15:56 #7

It's always good to come back and see how wildly wrong your predictions were. Well done Essex.

17 Apr 2017, 13:57 #8

Poor start from Durham. Bad enough with minus 48 points and now a loss in their first game.

Impressive start by Hampshire - beaten the 2015 & 2016 champions, and maybe another win today against the current champions.

17 Apr 2017, 14:06 #9

Hampshire-Middlesex game poised at one of those magic 4-day game passages of 'next 3/4 of an hour' of play.
We want a draw, rather than a Hampshire win, but the question is can Middlesex's last two spin it out?
If Hampshire winkle them out in the next two overs, it's an easy chase of 160 off 40 overs.
But if Middlesex's last men can whittle it down to 35, with 175 to score ... Hampshire still favourites, but just
If they can get it down to say 32 overs, and 190, it begins to look different ...

17 Apr 2017, 14:08 #10

Two very strong bowling attacks in that Notts-Durham game: Ball, Pattinson, Gurney, Onions and Wood all have international caps while Rushworth has been one of the best bowlers on the county circuit for the past few seasons. Durham's batting does look weak with the loss of Stoneman and Borthwick but I suspect that their bowlers will be too much for a lot of Div Two sides.

Abbott doing the business for Hants again.