Other matches

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

Other matches

September 6th, 2017, 6:43 am #1

Perhaps not surprising we did not start the thread yesterday but in games where there was play Ben Duckett gave a timely reminder of his talent and I wonder if a div 1 county might be sniffing around to sign him. Surely Warwickshire and Surrey would be monitoring?

September 6th, 2017, 3:42 pm #2

Positive run glut for Yorkshire compared to everyone else today Hampshire 35/5 in reply to Surrey 200 all out
Formerly known as Egham Tyke :-)

September 6th, 2017, 3:54 pm #3

Perhaps not surprising we did not start the thread yesterday but in games where there was play Ben Duckett gave a timely reminder of his talent and I wonder if a div 1 county might be sniffing around to sign him. Surely Warwickshire and Surrey would be monitoring?
I see Josh Shaw on his return to Gloucestershire's first team, took 4 for 54.

September 6th, 2017, 5:21 pm #4

Warwickshire gambling on a result wicket to help get them out the mire may have backfired. Somerset spinners doing better than the vocal Patel and local lad Singh.

September 6th, 2017, 5:30 pm #5

Can't really blame Warwickshire for preparing a result pitch. Draws are no use to them, especially against another struggling side.

September 7th, 2017, 7:38 am #6

Some disgruntlement about the drainage at Headingley on day 1.

Mark Arthur did promise that the drainage at the bottom end of the ground would be looked at during the off season.

Anyhow, spare a thought for poor old Derbyshire. No play on day 2 due to a wet outfield.

And that is the County ground and not Queens park this time.

September 7th, 2017, 7:47 am #7

Has a day at Trent Bridge yesterday and was impressed with the Worcestershire middle order in particular young wicket keeper Ben Cox who looks a real prospect. Ed Barnard also made a useful contribution. Perhaps Notts are still nursing a hangover from finals day.
And Glenn McGrath dismissed for 2 just 98 runs short of his century.
Richie Benaud

September 7th, 2017, 10:20 am #8

Somerset are well-placed against Warwickshire, but tomorrow's forecast may ensure the draw that would suit us best.

September 8th, 2017, 9:31 am #9

It's raining heavily here - a stone's throw from Edgbaston - and it's due to carry on raining most of the day.
Playing the county championship largely in April and September seems to be making the outcome of the competition about as random as possibly imaginable, though this is masked slightly by the fact that Essex gained early momentum and have kept it up.
The new rules over the toss, which I expected to work to the southern counties' advantage since they generally have less rainfall and more control over pitch preparation, will also have played an interesting role, though it won't be easy to quantify amid the general randomness.

September 8th, 2017, 10:08 am #10

worcester cruising to victory over notts if it doesnt rain. daryl mitchell 78 not out has just reached his thousand runs for the season.