Other games

Other games

12 Sep 2016, 09:29 #1

Other games basically means lancs v Middlesex where Middlesex are same team as last week and Lancashire have some players I have never heard of.

Rob Jones? Third first class match. I thought he played full back for Liverpool in the 1990s.

Toby Lester?

And another player I have not heard of as playing for lancs before...

Jos Buttler?

12 Sep 2016, 09:41 #2

Everyone fancied a bat today then bar Lancs.
My darling Maxi

12 Sep 2016, 11:38 #3

Hope the lunch time score at Old Trafford is because of the road of the wicket rather then anything else.

12 Sep 2016, 13:06 #4

If Middlesex do win, it's looking like we will definitely have to win at Lord's, given the likely bps in this match.
My darling Maxi

12 Sep 2016, 13:10 #5

Always presuming we get something from the Somerset game. A big if at the moment
Formerly known as Egham Tyke :-)

12 Sep 2016, 18:49 #6

So Lancashire put Middlesex in, on winning the toss, with a weakened bowling attack. Almost as if they want Middlesex to win the title and Middlesex duly oblige by racking up a big score.

Wood & Stokes play for Durham, Woakes availables for Warwickshire next week, Buttler plays for Lancashire, but Bairstow can not play for us.

All the other 4 have played the same amount of cricket, or more, than JB recently, yet he has to rest and the others do not.

12 Sep 2016, 20:47 #7

It's a complete and utter farce how Stokes and Wood, both centrally contracted, get to play for Durham; yet Bairstow doesn't, despite not being centrally contracted, nor does Root, who's in the same situation as Stokes

Double standards. The ECB could at least be a bit more subtle in their attempts to deny us the title...

Even if we lose this game, and say Middlesex draw, we'd still have a good chance, and I would laugh and feel so smug if we beat Middlesex in their own back yard next week to win the title. We'd probably get a points deduction or something if that happened

12 Sep 2016, 20:48 #8

So Lancashire put Middlesex in, on winning the toss, with a weakened bowling attack. Almost as if they want Middlesex to win the title and Middlesex duly oblige by racking up a big score.

Wood & Stokes play for Durham, Woakes availables for Warwickshire next week, Buttler plays for Lancashire, but Bairstow can not play for us.

All the other 4 have played the same amount of cricket, or more, than JB recently, yet he has to rest and the others do not.
Not quite, Stu. Buttler has been out injured for some time, I think Woakes is only available for the cup final, while Wood and Stokes have also been out injured until recently. Bairstow has been playing all summer, apart from missing a couple of ODIs.

13 Sep 2016, 06:32 #9

Apologies for our feeble bowling attack - bar Jarvis. Kerrigan is getting worse by the match and is given a juicy new deal this week.

I did hint (half-joking) a couple of times that you should loan us a seamer or two, but hopefully we can deny Middlesex batting points and scrape a draw (especially if weather helps a bit).

For second game running, Giles and Croft won toss but were too SCARED to bat first because of overcast conditions. Both times, the sun broke through quickly to give the visitors great batting conditions.

Lancs members grumbling all day about the toss.

13 Sep 2016, 06:46 #10

Toss mumbling happening on the east of the Pennines too in some quarters.

Must be a northern trait and just surprised Stuart Maconie has not written about it in his books.

With lots of new Roald Dahl words being added to the dictionary to celebrate his 100th birthday perhaps we can suggest a few new northern words too.

Toss-mumbling would be a good start.