Other games

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

September 13th, 2016, 1:05 pm #21

There hasn't been a wicket in two overs. The come back is on. I can feel it!

September 13th, 2016, 1:08 pm #22

8-4! Middlesex are just about Champions elect you feel.
So we can add Lancashire to the list of people deliberately conspiring against us in our quest for the treble.

Can they still go down as they don't seem to be a first division outfit.

Relegated teams coached by Giles Moores and Newell all with England connections says something. Although Fraser is a selector too I suppose.

I bet Middlesex enforce the follow on.....

What's the lowest score for a batsman carrying his bat?

September 13th, 2016, 1:34 pm #23

8-4! Middlesex are just about Champions elect you feel.
Sorry Yorkshire...the pitch is a shocker. Why the hell we changed our minds at the last-minute and used a different strip, I do not know.

It will all come out in the wash IF Giles and Croft are brave enough to "man up" to the press instead of sending out a youngster to provide obligatory quotes.

We should all have been suspicious when Lancs "weak" attack took 7 Middlesex wickets for 69 before lunch.

No excuses ...except Petersen got a shocker of a decision (caught off his pad down legside).

September 13th, 2016, 1:57 pm #24

Why the hell is Livingstone batting at 7 btw?

I've been saying for months that Lancs were going to do a Sussex and get relegated after starting the season so strongly- admittedly partly to wind up Lancastrian friends; looks like I may be right though...

September 13th, 2016, 2:03 pm #25

Is it true that the OT crowd is chanting "are you Yorkshire in disguise?"

September 13th, 2016, 2:16 pm #26

Why the hell is Livingstone batting at 7 btw?

I've been saying for months that Lancs were going to do a Sussex and get relegated after starting the season so strongly- admittedly partly to wind up Lancastrian friends; looks like I may be right though...
Think we've tried him at three. He's been going in at 7 but been running our of partners, but with our batting that's pretty much the same issue is you go in at three.

We deserve to go down, mainly due to our lack of penetration bowling, but doing that and coming back up with the same team will only disguise our deficiencies. Hopefully we can dig out another 100 runs from somewhere, and hope Hammeed and Proctor can dig in when we bat again, save our season and rebuild over the winter.

Naturally next season we probably won't have Hameed, so that's another spot to fill. Gloomy as the skies above....

Could be worse, we could be Leeds ducks

September 13th, 2016, 3:32 pm #27

raining at ot now, think that will be terminal for the day

September 13th, 2016, 5:46 pm #28

Some good news at last - currently an absolute monsoon in manchester.
It wouldn't surprise me if there was no play at old Trafford tomorrow if it rains like this for much longer....

September 13th, 2016, 9:34 pm #29

yep, man city v borussia was postponed for a waterlogged pitch.

Manchester is under water right now....who says God is not a Yorkshireman?

no play tomorrow would be very acceptable to us and mean that we can still redeem ourselves by winning at lords.

September 14th, 2016, 7:47 am #30

Anybody know prospects of play at ot today.

last night the ground was more akin to a swimming pool than a cricket field