One Day Cup QF | Yorkshire vs Surrey at Leeds (Match Thread)

One Day Cup QF | Yorkshire vs Surrey at Leeds (Match Thread)

13 Jun 2017, 02:39 #1

Jun 13, 2017 - 2nd Quarter-Final at Headingley, Leeds (day/night)

YORKSHIRE from: Ballance, Bresnan, Brooks, Carver, Coad, Fisher, Handscomb(wkt), Leaning, Lees, Lyth, Patterson, Rafiq, Rhodes, Waite.

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Headingley Weather

13 Jun 2017, 04:38 #2

I thought that the ECB might release Bairstow for this match, so he could get practice with carrying drinks for the England match.

13 Jun 2017, 06:57 #3

YORKSHIRE from: Ballance, Bresnan, Brooks, Carver, Coad, Fisher, Handscomb(wkt), Leaning, Lees, Lyth, Patterson, Rafiq, Rhodes, Waite.

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Headingley Weather
Do we know if Bressie is definitely available....?

13 Jun 2017, 07:08 #4

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Headingley Weather
The Champions Trophy rules don't allow players to be released

13 Jun 2017, 07:36 #5

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Headingley Weather
Can i suggest that for today we focus on the players actually playing rather than the players missing...?
Win, lose or draw - lets back the team on the pitch rather than lament the players that are missing..

13 Jun 2017, 08:01 #6

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Headingley Weather
For me, though I haven't been right very often!

Lyth
Lees
Handscomb (wk)
Ballance (c)
Leaning (last chance saloon)
Bresnan
Rhodes
Waite
Carver (presuming Rafa is unfit)
Fisher
Coad

The bowlers should be fresh anyway.

13 Jun 2017, 08:13 #7

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Headingley Weather
I'd go with:

Lyth
Lees
Leaning
Handscomb wk
Ballance c
Bresnan
Waite
Rafiq/Rhodes
Fisher
Carver
Coad

13 Jun 2017, 08:42 #8

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Headingley Weather
Lyth
Lees
Leaning
Handscomb wk
Ballance c
Bresnan
Waite
Rafiq/Rhodes
Fisher
Carver
Coad

Only issue with this team is that there is really only one experienced bowler. Coad is coming back from his sore shins. Patto is possibly the unsung hero of the Somerset game - he was back to his mean best and chipped in with wickets. We always shy away from him in the shorter form of the game, but his record is actually decent in 50 overs cricket(he had a decent season last year as I recall). I would be tempted to give him a game, taking the Carver/Rafiq slot. I would prefer him to Brooks if we were going down that route.

13 Jun 2017, 08:53 #9

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Headingley Weather
Yeah, I understand your point. However this season we have always played 2 spinners and 4 seamers, and Rafiq and Carver have done well when used. Patterson played two matches this year, 0-33 from 4 overs and 3-67 from 10, so he hasn't been very economical. Coad has done well, so if fit he plays for me. Waite is in. Then it's between Fisher, Bresnan and Patterson for two places.

Another difficult selection, but caused by good performances from our young bowlers forcing their way into the first XI.

13 Jun 2017, 08:59 #10

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Headingley Weather
I agree on form thus far this season, Patto would not merit selection. I just got the feeling that he was back to somewhere near is best in the Somerset game. Maybe he comes in for Coad if there are any lingering doubts about his fitness.