no bairstow or root for remainder of season

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

September 5th, 2016, 5:33 pm #31

Serious question: How are county administrators going to protest and revolt against the body whose hand-outs keep them afloat? If more people turned up to county games, the short change argument might hold water. But they don't, so it doesn't.

September 5th, 2016, 5:46 pm #32

Given that many stars rarely play for their county teams, a significant number of CC matches are played in the worst weather months, the CC schedule is chopped and channeled into various segments around the T20 and OD matches, and that there are way too many international matches, the short change argument fills a barrel. The ECB couldn't do much more to wreck the county game if they were trying to do so on purpose. Very short term, counter-productive thinking in my opinion

September 5th, 2016, 5:50 pm #33

Serious question: How are county administrators going to protest and revolt against the body whose hand-outs keep them afloat? If more people turned up to county games, the short change argument might hold water. But they don't, so it doesn't.
He will get one within the next two weeks, but at the moment has NOT got one, until it is announced. They do have a points system and he will have enough points, but next years have not been announced yet, so at the moment he is NOT a centrally contracted player. They run from 1/10 to 30/9 yearly. Once he gets one his salary will be paid for by the ECB and they can do what they want with him, until then he is still our player. It is a poor do when we are paying Jonnys salary but we are not allowed to play him.

September 5th, 2016, 6:06 pm #34

If Bairstow's not contracted to the ECB how can they dictate to Yorks that they can't play the player whose wages they pay?
They can surely only request, as they have done to Warks re Woakes?

September 5th, 2016, 6:31 pm #35

If JB is not contracted to the ECB then YCCC members and fans deserve a better explanation from the YCCC club as to why he will not be playing in the final two games than that which is currently posted on the website.

It is going to be a rather hollow title win for Middlesex if they win it under these circumstances. I would actually feel a bit cheated as a Middlesex player, as I would fancy my chances (wrongly, mind) of beating a full strength Yorkshire and winning the title properly.

September 5th, 2016, 6:51 pm #36

I would not fret too much about Finn being available for Middlesex. He's way overrated and not even their best bowler. I can't see his inclusion boosting Middlesex that much. If we get Rashid back for the plainly inferior Rafiq, we will be fine.

September 5th, 2016, 6:55 pm #37

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/con ... 53429.html

We may have Bairstow back next year, unless of course he plays purely as a batsman.

September 5th, 2016, 7:28 pm #38

Until he has played we will never know if he is capable of being any better with gloves or bat. He may be another Lyth, Robson, Compton or Vince whose county runs count for nothing once a lack of test runs becomes evident.

Has Foakes ever kept in a five day game or has he kept wicket for a full season?

Bairstow is improving with bat and gloves. Persevere, keep coaching him and be patient.

I am pretty sure once you rack up the points you get the central contract status and the annual renewal is then forward looking for the next year ahead. I don't think there is any way JB cannot currently have a full central contract playing tests when Buttler plays the odd one Dayer when fit and has one.

September 5th, 2016, 7:45 pm #39

Jonny should be an automatic choice to bat somewhere from 5 to 7. What they do about the wk position is a separate issue but doesn't alter this.

September 5th, 2016, 9:49 pm #40

I'm sorry. I do not subscribe to Conspiracy Theories. I think Bayliss & Farbrace & Gibson probably make most of the decisions about who is rested, who released. In good faith.

I understand the rants against the ECB. But, I'll point out, again, the ECB are just the people we, as County Members, elect to sit round a table.

We should start there. Elect people who will do what we want.

Counties are very reliant on ECB money. Root, Bairstow, Fisher, Lyth, the lot of 'em have been groomed using money generated by the ECB.

I'll hear arguments. But, who do people feel are sat around which table planning & plotting against Yorkshire?

Surely not Bayliss, Farbs & Otis? Or are people blaming Strauss?

I'll give you a way out... the ECB are clueless, not devious.

PS, have I mentioned I'm also a Middlesex Member?

Phil
twitter @ball_sup
Blog Address
http://www.ball-sup.blogspot.co.uk