Next years venues

Next years venues

27 Aug 2016, 10:02 #1

I think the club have agreed on no 50 over matches at Scarborough next season and still two CC matches there.

We are not playing to our strengths!!

Headingley - we have only lost 1 CC match in the last 22. Scarborough we have lost 2 from the last 8.

Headingley - we have only won 3 of our last 8 50 over matches, including losing our last 3 and have a much better record at Scarborough.

Next season we have no 50 over matches at Scarborough where we nearly always play better and less CC at Headingley where we are almost unbeatable.

Just a suggestion with tongue firmly in cheek. Why not play four 50 over matches and one CC match at Scarborough. Good both for results and attendances (especially if the four 1 dayers were played on Sundays). Same number of days cricket at Scarborough as well (8 days).

27 Aug 2016, 14:56 #2

thought everybody wanted two county games at Scarbrough ,only having one would affect boarding houses and hotels ,and people coming for a fifty over game would fetch their own food and drink ,obviously yccc don't run like a business they just ponder to pressure and not what is good business .

27 Aug 2016, 15:17 #3

Gary Verity on Look North during the week claimed the Scarborough matches put £4 million into the local economy. He also says on a website that 28,000 people per year visit the town to watch cricket, so that would be £143 per person which seems a lot.
Anyway it is not the primary purpose of YCCC to boost the Scarborough economy though clearly the synergy is good for everyone.

27 Aug 2016, 15:26 #4

thought everybody wanted two county games at Scarbrough ,only having one would affect boarding houses and hotels ,and people coming for a fifty over game would fetch their own food and drink ,obviously yccc don't run like a business they just ponder to pressure and not what is good business .
I usually go to Scarborough for both CC matches and stay there for the week, travelling from Scotland and have done this over many years, attending my first Festival cricket 70 years ago. There is no way that I would do this just to watch a one day match. It would be a sad day for Yorkhire cricket if it became even more centred on Headingley, which is not really an attractive venue.

27 Aug 2016, 16:33 #5

Dont think anybody wants a reduction in cricket at Scarbro , but we also dont want a reduction in cricket CC games at Headingley where a good percentage of our games will probably be in April or late Sept

27 Aug 2016, 17:52 #6

There are 2 opinions over Scarborough. Most members what 2 matches 'by the sea'. But there are a significant number who don't,t travel and what as much cricket as possible at Headingley.

As should be obvious I'm a 2 matches Scarbados person.

27 Aug 2016, 18:12 #7

I Don't worry at all about non travelers to Scarborough lots of us travel 75 miles to headingley.

27 Aug 2016, 18:13 #8

There are 2 opinions over Scarborough. Most members what 2 matches 'by the sea'. But there are a significant number who don't,t travel and what as much cricket as possible at Headingley.

As should be obvious I'm a 2 matches Scarbados person.
I think it's a difficult circle to square. Scarborough is popular with the fans, however headingley is an expensive stadium that needs as much cricket as possible to pay it's way.

I should go watch cricket at Scarborough one of these days and see what all the fuss is about.

27 Aug 2016, 18:39 #9

The main worry for me, is possibly no 4 day cricket at Headingley for the whole of July & August as those CC matches will be at Scarborough.

The only 50 over matches we have won this season have been at Scarborough, and next season we have no 50 over matches there.

We have won just one of our last five 50 over matches at Headingley, and next season we are playing them all there.

27 Aug 2016, 23:17 #10

Two 4 day matches at Scarborough with all the rest of the fixtures at Headingley is the best plan.

An important consideration is the difficulty of televising live cricket from Scarborough because the huge trucks which the TV Companies use cannot access North Marine Road easily or at all!

It`s sad that TV coverage should have any affect on fixture planning but 50 overs and T20 games need to be available if required. (Whether we like it or not!)