New stand financing issues

New stand financing issues

30 Sep 2016, 09:27 #1

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... -1-8155594

Not surprisingly lots of locals objecting to loss of green belt for housing

03 Oct 2016, 11:38 #2

Including me. Ridiculous idea to sell the land and move the Academy to Bradford. Think again.

09 Nov 2016, 13:30 #3

Not un-expected news, but a delay in the new stand plans. There have been a lot of objections to it. I thought that the announcement to start knocking the old stand down early next year was ambitious.

https://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/5249 ... ment-delay

09 Nov 2016, 15:56 #4

At this moment in time I only live 10 minutes away from
Bradford park avenue,and the building work there is
nearly done,new changing rooms and 9 practice pitches ( nets )
Plus 17 wickets' relayed on the park avenue ground.

09 Nov 2016, 17:32 #5

Even tho I would love to see the development at Headingley take place I cant say I dont agree with the objectors, too often now we see our greenfield sites in our lovely county being bulldozed in the scam of affordable housing for the people, these affordable houses usually start around 300k.

09 Nov 2016, 20:16 #6

Given the parlous state of YCCC`s finances I think it is a big gamble to make the Headingley development, which must go ahead to keep Headingley`s status as a venue for Test Cricket, dependent on planning permission being granted for housing on a greenfield site owned by Leeds Rugby.

Leeds Council have been good supporters of Yorkshire Cricket but they have to take a wider view on sensitive planning matters and the time - pressure being put on them may be counter productive.

09 Nov 2016, 20:29 #7

Even tho I would love to see the development at Headingley take place I cant say I dont agree with the objectors, too often now we see our greenfield sites in our lovely county being bulldozed in the scam of affordable housing for the people, these affordable houses usually start around 300k.
Not much of a surprise here, I noticed the lack of anything but very basic access work last time I passed the South Stand.

The statement reads like a plea to Leeds City Council to help bail them out, with its emphasis on community involvement and visitor spend etc.

I too would love to see the development take place but it's difficult enough to justify all that expenditure, for very limited use, even when your rolling in money, never mind when you owe north of 20 million already.

Quite frankly I don't believe there's a cat in hells chance of the joint development of the football stand being delivered in the next five years. The club ought to grasp that fact and explore what magic can be worked with temporary seating and hospitality marquee's to plug the gap.

10 Nov 2016, 13:47 #8

the problem is if the money does not come from the ECB or yccc the money has to come from private funding and there is no benefit for someone to invest big bucks , as for selling land off its the old not in my back yard syndrome if the land was in a run down area of Bradford it would be ok .

10 Nov 2016, 15:13 #9

At this moment in time I only live 10 minutes away from
Bradford park avenue,and the building work there is
nearly done,new changing rooms and 9 practice pitches ( nets )
Plus 17 wickets' relayed on the park avenue ground.
Park Avenue always was the best ground to watch county cricket.. if it is up and running again and belongs to YCCC, the solution is simple. Move to Bradford and sell off Headingley cricket ground for housing. Use this to clear the debts and let Leeds Rugby build themselves a new stand. Surely everyone will be happy then.

10 Nov 2016, 16:14 #10

Except those who live in Leeds... but I sense you may have been being provocative!

Of course we would then have no chance of international cricket which provides lots of revenue so it's going to have to be a huge student block of flats to build at headingley to get enough cash to compensate