Matches commencing 28 August

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

Matches commencing 28 August

August 27th, 2017, 6:42 pm #1

Essex v Somerset
Lanc v Warks
Surrey v Middx

Despite not playing this round of matches is well worth keeping an eye on.

We, alongside Hants, are sitting this round out and hoping there isn't too much damage done points wise.

I'd like to see it all come together a bit with wins for Somerset and Warks and a draw in the other one. All low scoring of course with no batting points for anybody.

The glass half empty part of me, and many others I'm sure, want to see Somerset and Warks lose and cement their positions in the bottom two.

All we can do is see what transpires.

August 27th, 2017, 7:07 pm #2

Definitely want Warwickshire & Somerset to lose or draw, or there is a realistic chance of us going down.

I honestly can not see us winning more than one of our last 4 matches.

August 27th, 2017, 7:23 pm #3

Essex v Somerset
Lanc v Warks
Surrey v Middx

We, alongside Hants, are sitting this round out and hoping there isn't too much damage done points wise.

I'd like to see it all come together a bit with wins for Somerset and Warks and a draw in the other one. All low scoring of course with no batting points for anybody.

The glass half empty part of me, and many others I'm sure, want to see Somerset and Warks lose and cement their positions in the bottom two.

I will be at Old Trafford tomorrow, for once actually supporting Lancs rather than just pretending to. Even more vital is that Essex at least do not lose to Somerset.

Remember all these teams below us have a game in hand.

Of course, if we can WIN our games...well that's different. But we're not going to, on the evidence of recent performances.
Bowlers win matches

August 28th, 2017, 10:54 am #4

Essex v Somerset
Lanc v Warks
Surrey v Middx

Amazed that Amir is playing for Essex. ALL the Pakistan players were called back for a training camp. ALL apart from Amir it seems.

I wonder how Essex managed to swing that in their favour.

August 28th, 2017, 11:46 am #5

Essex v Somerset
Lanc v Warks
Surrey v Middx

They were all released back to play county crcket, CPL etc about a week ago.

August 28th, 2017, 3:01 pm #6

Essex v Somerset
Lanc v Warks
Surrey v Middx

Thanks for that EYT.

I thought they would stop over there after the training camp for the matches coming up v the Rest of the World.

August 28th, 2017, 3:08 pm #7

Essex v Somerset
Lanc v Warks
Surrey v Middx

Wickets tumbling. Some in our favour (Warks 200 ao) some certainly not (Essex 159 ao!) In the Surrey Middlesex which we probably want a draw, Middlesex are 163-7.

August 28th, 2017, 5:23 pm #8

Essex v Somerset
Lanc v Warks
Surrey v Middx

According to the scores/team line ups on the BBC Ryan sidebottom is play for Warwickshire again

August 28th, 2017, 7:38 pm #9

Essex v Somerset
Lanc v Warks
Surrey v Middx

Good day's cricket, Lancs v Warwicks. Wickets tumbling to seam, then a partnership between Patel and Stone, lots of dropped catches.

Lancs struggling against 4-prong seam attack. Warwicks have gained Sidebottom and the pacy Stone since we played them early season. Sidebottom is younger and quicker than his namesake, right-arm and not hairy.

Some lovely strokes from Livingstone put Lancs marginally ahead; Chanderpaul and Buttler to come. Lancs will have to bat last against Patel. Need a substantial lead, therefore. Like 200.

We badly need Essex to fight back against Somerset. Thank goodness Hildreth is out! Davies in, though.
Bowlers win matches

August 28th, 2017, 7:46 pm #10

Essex v Somerset
Lanc v Warks
Surrey v Middx

The Australian Ryan Sidebottom can have the name all to himself next season, if he's still around that is.

So far so good I think, not too many batting bonus points being taken by our rivals at any rate.

The top of the Championship will be dead if Essex win so I don't want to see that happen, it still may of course.