Live streaming

Live streaming

19 Apr 2017, 02:39 #1

I really enjoyed be appreciated the live streaming of the York's Vs Warks match. Do anyone know if this is/will be available for all matches?

19 Apr 2017, 07:29 #2

Steve Denison has said Yorkshire are looking into it for their home games.
The ECB have paid for HD cameras at all grounds so they can review performances. These are the cameras used by other counties.

19 Apr 2017, 10:44 #3

I really enjoyed be appreciated the live streaming of the York's Vs Warks match. Do anyone know if this is/will be available for all matches?
So the ECB can review performances?

Good god, that's almost an admission they have an interest in the county game!

I presume they mean players and not umpires?

Do they only review the centrally contracted guest county players or everyone?

19 Apr 2017, 11:03 #4

So if the ECB has already paid for cameras to be installed what is Dennison needing to consider?

19 Apr 2017, 11:04 #5

That's an optimistic view ThirdUmp. Here was I thinking they could spend more time at ECB dinners and less time at chamionship matches safe in the knowledge they can watch the edited highlights later if they really needed to.

Seriously though, this is a great idea. There were always a few hundred watching Warwickshire's very basic fixed point stream. If Yorkshire did this and it was more common knowledge surely we could get more views. Then spend time over the next few years developing / syncing commentary and improving the production (Replays would be quite easy I would imagine) and i'm sure it would be worth their while. It might even generate some form of sponsership.

19 Apr 2017, 12:53 #6

I don't see why anyone is worried. I'm sure that'Team England' don't bother to watch county matches, even when they are played at Lords and also on Sky.

Before anyone objects, England picked Ballance for Bangladesh & India (ODI) after it was obvious to anyone who watched the Middlesex vs Yorkshire match that he was totally out of form & needed a good rest. Thankfully Gary got that rest over the winter & is now back scoring runs, for Yorkshire.