Lions (and Tigers and Bears?)

Lions (and Tigers and Bears?)

19 Sep 2016, 10:52 #1

Ok, a brief respite from the current friendly discussions about the Middlesex squad.

The bad news - the ECB have expanded/developed the winter Development/A squads, thus giving ample opportunity for them to tear the tinfoil hats off our players and get them carrying drinks for England. We now have:
-Lions
-Young Lions
-Pace Programme
-Overseas Placements

There are 50 players involved from all 18 counties. Locations for training camps include Sandhurst, Loughborough, Dubai, a grassy knoll in Dallas, and the film set where they faked the moon landings.

The good news - only one of ours is picked - Harry Brook will be playing for/training with the Kittens. This means the ECB will leave us alone, no longer taking our players every time we play a home counties side.

Or

The worse news - only one of ours is picked. This means that our production line of talent is over, condemning us to another 33 years without a championship.

19 Sep 2016, 11:56 #2

"The worse news - only one of ours is picked. This means that our production line of talent is over, condemning us to another 33 years without a championship."

That's my take on it.
Not sure about the 33 years comment though, but I'm sure it's made tongue in cheek.

19 Sep 2016, 13:49 #3

Hopefully it means our younger players are free to go and play in Australia and South Africa. I think playing competitive cricket is better for development than the indoor nets at Loughborough, but what do I know?