It gets worse

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

It gets worse

September 4th, 2017, 8:52 am #1

Not only are we without Lyth for tomorrow, Marsh misses our last two games. We have had no luck at all this season with our overseas players. We are doomed!!

From todays "Press"

"......Unfortunately, Marsh will only play this game and at Surrey next week before returning to Perth ahead of Western Australia’s domestic campaign.
That is earlier than originally planned, and it is understood Yorkshire are assessing their options regarding an overseas replacement......."

September 4th, 2017, 10:02 am #2

I have to be honest, the "hit and miss" and constant changing of our overseas players makes a mockery of the pride in playing for the shirt.

Not s big Kolpak lover but would much prefer finding a Kolpak who will be available throughout the season.

September 4th, 2017, 10:14 am #3

Not only are we without Lyth for tomorrow, Marsh misses our last two games. We have had no luck at all this season with our overseas players. We are doomed!!

From todays "Press"

"......Unfortunately, Marsh will only play this game and at Surrey next week before returning to Perth ahead of Western Australia’s domestic campaign.
That is earlier than originally planned, and it is understood Yorkshire are assessing their options regarding an overseas replacement......."
Our overseas players - or maybe it is everyone's - seem to be terminally unreliable. Agree that a Kolpak who can commit to the team would be a much better bet - or better yet, stick with our home-grown players. In recent seasons we could hardly have done worse.

September 4th, 2017, 10:19 am #4

From todays "Press"

Agree, going forward a kolpack is now becoming a much better option than an overseas player. Someone like Chanderpaul, Sangakkara or Abbott. Anyone who has retired from International cricket. They are available ALL season in ALL formats. That is who we need to be looking for next season

September 4th, 2017, 10:30 am #5

From todays "Press"

I'm not sure I can face going to this match. I fully expect four days of weather havoc anyway, with sporadic downpours of frogs, locusts and three-toed sloths. That's the way our season is going.
I can't see a victory, but if we do get any play before the end of term we just need one player to stand up and be a hero with bat or ball to give us some hope for the future.

September 4th, 2017, 10:48 am #6

From todays "Press"

With the weather forecast, the lack of form of our team, on the back of 4 stuffings on the bounce, the possible absence of Lyth and Middlesex`s great recent record against us, I agree, it is not a match I am really looking forward to. I fear a stuffing, or at best a rained off draw.

Throw in the early September start with damp misty conditions, and the stupid "no toss" rule (which really needs ditching at the end of this season, as it gives to much advantage to the "away" team), I would not be surprised (if we play) for us to be 5 down by 12.30 tomorrow.

September 4th, 2017, 11:14 am #7

From todays "Press"

Well that would show some improvement from our position at the same time on our last four day match....

September 4th, 2017, 11:18 am #8

From todays "Press"

You can fully understand that the national team's requirements will always trump whatever might have been agreed with a domestic side. But a domestic team trumping what has been agreed with another domestic team? I find that hard to accept. It also seems incredible that Western Australia weren't able to be clear about when Marsh was needed back in Australia at the time he was signed.

September 4th, 2017, 11:22 am #9

From todays "Press"

Same thing happened last year . Lehmann was called back to a training camp rather than being allowed to play at Lords .

September 4th, 2017, 11:42 am #10

From todays "Press"

It did indeed. I just find it odd that this information is not known when the player is signed. We might still sign him but at least we know what we are getting.