Is this site sexist?

Is this site sexist?

10 Jul 2017, 11:10 #1

After being on this site for a while I have noticed that no-one gives the womens game a thought. No match threads, no threads on any women players. No mention of the women's world cup that is going on.

WHY???????

10 Jul 2017, 11:12 #2

Anyone can start a thread, how many have you started relating to women's cricket?

10 Jul 2017, 11:13 #3

After being on this site for a while I have noticed that no-one gives the womens game a thought. No match threads, no threads on any women players. No mention of the women's world cup that is going on.

WHY???????
More than you.

10 Jul 2017, 11:19 #4

WHY???????
Good for you.

10 Jul 2017, 11:29 #5

WHY???????
Anyone can start a thread on any subject they want.

Well done the ladies!!

10 Jul 2017, 11:37 #6

WHY???????
I enjoyed watching the last few overs of the Women's world cup game yesterday England v Australia. Any win v Australia is a good one!

Also went to the opening Women's World Cup game England v India at Derby.
Was a decent crowd at 3,000 sell out. Was only £5 and was impressed by the standard of play.
Of course not as powerful as the men but some of the stroke play could been enjoyed by any cricket lover.
Was going to put some of the fielding was a touch sloppy but no worse then I saw at Queens Park on Saturday.

10 Jul 2017, 11:53 #7

WHY???????
How many women members of this forum?
My darling Maxi

10 Jul 2017, 11:57 #8

WHY???????
I would say that most (not all) people on this forum come here to discuss the YCCC 4-day men's team.

Women's cricket, youth cricket, international cricket and even T20 and 50-over cricket are generally seen as peripheral.

Is Mumsnet sexist because it doesn't focus on fathers and non-binary parents?

10 Jul 2017, 12:11 #9

WHY???????
Can't speak for others but in simple terms the answer is No from me. Just because we don't post doesn't make us sexist whereas derogatory comments might do.

I've watched a bit on the TV but let's face it, with three yorkshiremen in the test team and the skipper from Yorkshire then the men's test was always going to appeal more.

10 Jul 2017, 12:17 #10

WHY???????
And there was 5 Yorkshire players in the women's match. 3 in the England team, 2 in the Aussies.