Internal strife in the Yorkshire camp

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

Internal strife in the Yorkshire camp

November 22nd, 2017, 5:23 pm #1

This information comes to me from someone who I know has inside information on the YCCC dressing room. Whilst he did not reveal exact details as he was told this in confidence he did reveal there is major internal struggle in the dressing room. This has been going on for sometime and even undermined JG which is the real reason he left. I asked if YCCC were in turmoil and his reply was yes.

November 22nd, 2017, 6:47 pm #2

By whom exactly?

What's your source?
No Pyrah, no party

November 22nd, 2017, 6:53 pm #3

This information comes to me from someone who I know has inside information on the YCCC dressing room. Whilst he did not reveal exact details as he was told this in confidence he did reveal there is major internal struggle in the dressing room. This has been going on for sometime and even undermined JG which is the real reason he left. I asked if YCCC were in turmoil and his reply was yes.
Very difficult to take that seriously without details.

November 22nd, 2017, 7:06 pm #4

Seems all too coincidental with Yorkshire's downturn in form and Jason Gillespie's sensational return to Sussex.
No Pyrah, no party

November 22nd, 2017, 8:01 pm #5

Internal strife? Yorkshire cricket? Surely not.

November 22nd, 2017, 8:09 pm #6

Did you actually read this on a well known and populated football forum? Because your username and phrasing seem too coincidental.

November 22nd, 2017, 8:19 pm #7

You caught me out, but I was wondering if anyone here had heard anything similar.

November 22nd, 2017, 9:43 pm #8

There must be internal strife at that certain football club (again) too if tonight's result in anything to go by

November 23rd, 2017, 11:51 am #9

I would be shocked if there wasn't some internal strife, after a few of the thrashings of last season.

November 23rd, 2017, 3:28 pm #10

Bit of background, for those who give a proverbial...:

The user who provided this snippet (such as it is, like the OP says - he won't go into any detail) claims he used to live on the same street as Gillespie. Now, this is obviously impossible to prove or disprove, but based on how he seems from his posting style he isn't prone to hyperbole or lies so I'm inclined to believe him on that alone.

Thing is, once someone gets some attention for something interesting they have said, do they embellish further details in order to get that same level of attention again? My opinion is solely that Gillespie saw the approaching decline of "his" team and didn't want the stain on his record that a season like 2017 would have provided. There was never any suggestion (as far as I'm aware) either generally or from this specific source that there was any internal strife at the time he went - only in the afterglow of 2017... why is that?