ICC Champions Trophy

ICC Champions Trophy

31 May 2017, 20:39 #1

Expect England will play their perceived first choice 11 tomorrow.

Hales
Roy
Root
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler
Ali
Rashid
Plunkett
Wood
Woakes

Should be way too strong for Bangladesh, we hope.

There is a small chance they may see sense and leave out Stokes to enable him to get properly fit, but I won't bank on it.

31 May 2017, 21:38 #2

Can't say I have much interest. If England crash out early will we get the ECB 5 back for the 50 over knockout match(es)? We can but hope.

31 May 2017, 21:47 #3

Hales
Roy
Root
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler
Ali
Rashid
Plunkett
Wood
Woakes

There is a small chance they may see sense and leave out Stokes to enable him to get properly fit, but I won't bank on it.
looking at the bigger picture and avoiding being parochial I really hope England do very well and the tournament is a big success

this is a real opportunity for cricket to grab the national attention with no world cup and euros and inspire more interest in the game

we need England and the tournament to do this

looking forward to it the way one day cricket is played these days should be a feast of entertainment with the worlds best players on view

31 May 2017, 23:14 #4

Hales
Roy
Root
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler
Ali
Rashid
Plunkett
Wood
Woakes

I think that's a very sensible and laudable position, Menston. However, if England continues to show questionable favouritism in selection policy and then fails, it will leave the sport in a poor light with many neutrals.

01 Jun 2017, 08:11 #5

Hales
Roy
Root
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler
Ali
Rashid
Plunkett
Wood
Woakes

I know many on here and some friends I have spoken to are not too keen on 'Team England' but I really hope they do well.
Cricket really needs a successful England team to attract new and lapsed supporters back to the game.
But I have to say without the games being on free to air TV (apart from a light night highlights package) even if England win it it wont generate that much interest.

02 Jun 2017, 20:24 #6

Hales
Roy
Root
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler
Ali
Rashid
Plunkett
Wood
Woakes

I know we aren't the only country to get rain but very disappointed that what could have been a fantastic game between NZ and Aus was ruined by rain.

Hope today was the exception, weather wise.

02 Jun 2017, 20:45 #7

Hales
Roy
Root
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler
Ali
Rashid
Plunkett
Wood
Woakes

Yep, especially with it being a short format. Shame no reserves days.

Decent result for England though.
My darling Maxi

02 Jun 2017, 20:49 #8

Hales
Roy
Root
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler
Ali
Rashid
Plunkett
Wood
Woakes

Great result for England. They now only need to beat one of NZ or Australia to qualify.

04 Jun 2017, 15:23 #9

Hales
Roy
Root
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler
Ali
Rashid
Plunkett
Wood
Woakes

England have brought Finn into the squad to replace Woakes.

Pragmatic choice I suppose, he has the experience and he's one of the players being kept warm for white ball in the Lions squad.

Weather looks pretty dreadful for Cardiff on Tuesday but as we know the weather can always change.

05 Jun 2017, 15:41 #10

Hales
Roy
Root
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler
Ali
Rashid
Plunkett
Wood
Woakes

Looks as if the Aussie bowling attack is much better than Englands. 308-2 against us, 182 all out against them.