Gillespie Gone

29 Aug 2016, 09:00 #21

We've been given perfectly logical and reasonable personal reasons for this. I can't see any real evidence of his relations with the club souring. And surely not even Yorkshire could let someone of value go because of a cheese farm.
This news compounds the misery of yesterday, it does not help me forget.

29 Aug 2016, 09:06 #22

Thanks Jason for everything you've achieved for & with the club over the past five years.
I wish him all the best for the future until he becomes the Australian head coach when I wish him to fail dismally particularly in any Ashes series.
Unfortunately, I doubt that will happen.
Paul Grayson? You have to be joking, after the resounding success he had with Essex?
Richard Dawson, yes please.
Re the downbeat tone of the club's announcement, surely that's because Gillespie has a contract with another 12 months to run, so obviously they didn't want him to leave?
Or have I made that bit up about him being under contract till 2017?
I'm sad but not surprised. There was a rumour at Scarborough that Yorks were interviewing Ian Dews & Paul Farbrace for the post.

And no no no to Paul Grayson. He was coach of an underperforming Essex

29 Aug 2016, 09:15 #23

I too heard the Dews and Farbrace rumours - in fact I wonder if we heard them from the same source or even if you are he! They suggest sensible thinking as both have experienced and played a role in the current successful culture. Same would be true of Dawson.

Grayson?? Well, ahead of Adams I suppose.

29 Aug 2016, 09:24 #24

This news compounds the misery of yesterday, it does not help me forget.
Like others was told this at Scarborough, as others have said I'd just like to say a huge thanks to Jason for turning things round. Now let's go and get that 3rd title.

29 Aug 2016, 09:35 #25

I too heard the Dews and Farbrace rumours - in fact I wonder if we heard them from the same source or even if you are he! They suggest sensible thinking as both have experienced and played a role in the current successful culture. Same would be true of Dawson.

Sad but inevitable.

Thank you,Jason Gillespie,for what you have achieved with the Club.
It will be very hard for anybody to follow him, particularly at a point where the seam attack begins to age and when the supply of brilliant young players seems to be faltering.
Whatever the future holds for Yorkshire and Gillespie I feel sure he will always look fondly on what he has been able to achieve with this group of wonderful players. Just as surely, he will a special place in the hearts of all Yorkshire followers.
I feel sure the South Australia connection will continue to work to our advantage.

I have no views on a successor. Please let the transition be a smooth one and one which preserves some continuity.

29 Aug 2016, 09:38 #26

A few names mentioned here that would seem to fit the bill. Farbrace would be good with all his experience added to his previous role with us. Would England assistant coach to Yorkshire head coach be seen as a forward step or not? They'd be crazy to go for Grayson (or Adams!) though. Steve Rhodes might be another worth sounding out?

29 Aug 2016, 09:51 #27

Good luck and grateful thanks to Jason.

If we needed a spur to drive on to the triple CC then,hopefully, this gives us the edge.

Good luck to his replacement, Dizzy's a hard act to follow.

29 Aug 2016, 09:55 #28

Good luck to Gillespie, change brings opportunity so onwards and upwards.

29 Aug 2016, 10:57 #29

Almost an impossible act to follow. If his replacement does 1/2 as well, he will have done very well.

1 loss at Headingley in 5 seasons in the CC. 4 losses in total in 5 years in the CC.

Good luck to Jason and his replacement, who has a few issues to address - a permanently failing middle order (3,4,5), a few ageing bowlers and the second X1 "well" drying up with no-one (apart from Waite) "shouting" out for selection.

29 Aug 2016, 11:12 #30

Jason Gillespie has done fine job and I hope we will reward his efforts by winning another County Championship. Serious thought needs to be given to his successor and also to the club captaincy for next season. Players like Fisher, Waite, Carver, Coad etc. need to establish themselves and I believe we MUST sign an experienced overseas batsman who will be available for the entire 2017 to play in all formats. Good luck Jason and many thanks